News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Devices with very old firmware will no longer be able to connect.

Started by OBiSupport, June 03, 2022, 10:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

Are you accessing that Status page via your dashboard at obitalk.com or directly locally from the OBi's onboard webserver?

Locally you can backup the configuration to a file and restore from it after a reset.  However passwords are not saved in that file and if using GV I expect that needs reconfiguring too.

IIRC, beginning several firmware versions ago they do not accept a downgrade firmware.

My separate post about the meaning of "connecting" was intended for anyone coming to this thread and not specifically for you.  TBH you are a hijacker and should have started a new topic.

(I'm not sure if Obihai has actually done the server update yet.  I have an OBi100 and an OBi110 both on 2886 firmware and as I type this they are still connected to my dashboard.)

Taoman

Quote from: HDFLucky on June 16, 2022, 03:42:02 PMSince I can't reload the same firmware version, are there older versions available that I could downgrade to and then try the update again?

You can try but as drgeoff mentioned, you may not be allowed to downgrade. I assume you are not using Google Voice since you mentioned seeing a Registered status for your SPs and not "Connected" for a GV trunk. Any older version of the firmware won't work for Google Voice trunks.

But if you want to give an older version a try here is the url to download it:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

Edit: For some reason the link I posted doesn't seem to open directly from my post (at least for me). But if you copy the link and paste it in a new tab it should work.
Hmmm. It looks like the link I posted omits the http:// when trying to open directly from my post??

HDFLucky

Quote from: drgeoff on June 16, 2022, 04:00:52 PMAre you accessing that Status page via your dashboard at obitalk.com or directly locally from the OBi's onboard webserver?
Neither, I was accessing by directly typing the ip address of the OBi202 into the browser. I had forgotten it could be accessed from the dashboard (though it looks different). When I try it that way, I get a similar result and am still unable to read off-hook status ("Cannot retrieve requested information from the device now. Please try again later." error).

And you're right, this did turn out to be a thread hijack. I was so taken aback at what happened that I didn't stop to think where I was posting. I apologize.

After sleeping on it, I've decided to try a total reset, as you suggested earlier. I'm fully backed up now, and recorded ITSP customizations etc. If it fails to restore dial tone, then I'll try the firmware downgrade (if it's possible).

@Taoman: I saw the same thing as you, but I can manually copy the link and it works. I'll try it as a last resort (I only use GV on my mobile phone, not with OBi).

drgeoff

Quote from: HDFLucky on June 17, 2022, 03:40:23 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on June 16, 2022, 04:00:52 PMAre you accessing that Status page via your dashboard at obitalk.com or directly locally from the OBi's onboard webserver?
Neither, I was accessing by directly typing the ip address of the OBi202 into the browser.
There is no method other than the two I provided as choices.  Typing the IP address of the OBi202 into a browser IS accessing directly locally from the OBi's onboard webserver.

HDFLucky

SUCCESS! Resetting the OBi202 and then restarting restored dial tone. :)  But after importing my backup config file it was gone again! :(  I finally found that the problem was caused by having PrimaryLine set to a trunk group... even if it was set on Phone1 when using Phone2. ???  This previously worked fine. I'll have to rethink my  trunking but at least I'm back in business. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Taoman

Quote from: HDFLucky on June 17, 2022, 02:08:16 PMI finally found that the problem was caused by having PrimaryLine set to a trunk group... even if it was set on Phone1 when using Phone2.

You must have been on an old firmware version before you updated if that was working for you. Setting your PrimaryLine to a TG hasn't worked for the last few versions of the firmware including the current one. It's a definite bug and I wouldn't count on it ever being fixed.

SeanBrady

Hoping someone can help - my OBI200 has been working great with Google Voice since November 2021.  It will no long work after the recent firmware update was pushed out. I am on the latest/newest firmware and the error I am seeing on the OBiTalk portal is: Connecting to 216.239.36.145;Token Error
When making calls, I get the "the number you have dialed, ... , has not received a response from the service provider".
I have followed the directions to completely reset the device, remove it from the portal, and re-add it to the portal and re-setup Google Voice twice.  I am still seeing the issue.  Is there a way to go back to the prior version of the firmware?  Is there something else I should be looking at? Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: SeanBrady on August 05, 2022, 02:34:33 PMHoping someone can help - my OBI200 has been working great with Google Voice since November 2021.  It will no long work after the recent firmware update was pushed out. I am on the latest/newest firmware and the error I am seeing on the OBiTalk portal is: Connecting to 216.239.36.145;Token Error
When making calls, I get the "the number you have dialed, ... , has not received a response from the service provider".
I have followed the directions to completely reset the device, remove it from the portal, and re-add it to the portal and re-setup Google Voice twice.  I am still seeing the issue.  Is there a way to go back to the prior version of the firmware?  Is there something else I should be looking at? Thanks!
I don't understand your "the recent firmware update was pushed out".  AIUI the most recent firmware was July 2021 and that is the only firmware which supports GV.

SeanBrady

My apologies drgeoff I misread the notice about Poly updating security settings.  Thanks for clearing that up for me :-)  It stopped working 7/27 or so and that banner got my attention.  Any other thoughts?

drgeoff

216.239.36.145 is indeed a Google IP address.

Suggest you use the portal to set up GV again by following SteveInWA's instructions at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076.  Hopefully the extra steps in the fourth and fifth bullet points will resolve the token error issue.

onyouray

Quote from: bluechip on June 04, 2022, 11:53:49 AMFor Caller ID, I use a Callcentric DID telephone number. My cost for that is $1.09/month, which includes the tax.

So my Total Cost is $3.68/month.

Localphone (unlimited incoming + 800 minutes/month outgoing + phone number) + Callcentric (unlimited incoming + phone number) = $1.60 + $0.99 + $1.09 = $3.68/month

I've been using this setup for several years, with both an OBi200 and a CISCO SPA122. Every thing works great. And it works reliably. What I like most is that I no longer need to worry about Google making a change, and then hope that Polycom will make a corresponding update fix a small world cup

In my opinion, Localphone is the Best Value in VOIP service providers.
You can use this Discount Link to sign up,
http://www.localphone.com/?rb=g-ETNf1B4i76gTsjj-iP3fQIYAZUfCRTcvkGVW5UAN8

Thank for your share.