News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Other side of calls dropping OBI1022, OBI2182

Started by taylorgtr, December 18, 2022, 11:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorgtr

I've used an OBI 202 unit for a long time with an analog phone, and it's worked fairly well. Over time, I bought an OBI1022, and later a 2182. At first, the 1022 worked fine, and when I moved to a new office in the house, I bought a 2182 because I liked the display/features, etc.

I don't know if this problem existed on my previous Internet provider (Cox cable internet), but the 2182 drops the caller's audio - and I have to hit hold/resume to bring it back. They can hear me just fine. I reset the phone multiple times, and updated the firmware....same issue.

I swapped it with the 1022 (older) phone, and it does the exact same thing. It never happened with the 202. With both phones having the same issue, I don't think it's hardware. Does anyone else have this issue, and have you found a fix?  At this point, I'm just taking calls on my iPhone, since the desk phone is unusable.

taylorgtr

A bit more clarity - the calls are staying connected, but the other side audio is dropping from the call - I can get it back (most times) by hitting hold and resume, but not always. It has happened at least once with the receiver off-hook, but I usually run into it on speaker phone. Has anyone else run into this issue? At this point, the phone is pretty much unusable, and I'm just using my iPhone.

HelenNoel

Quote from: taylorgtr on December 18, 2022, 11:52:42 AMI've used an OBI 202 unit for a long time with an analog phone, and it's worked fairly well. Over time, I bought an OBI1022, and later a 2182. At first, the 1022 worked fine, and when I moved to a new office in the house, I bought a 2182 because I liked the display/features, etc.

I don't know if this problem existed on my previous Internet provider (Cox cable internet), but the 2182 drops the caller's audio - and I have to hit hold/resume to bring it back. They can hear me just fine. I reset the phone multiple times, and updated the firmware....same issue.

I swapped it with the 1022 (older) phone, and it does the exact same thing. It never happened with the 202. With both phones having the same issue, I don't think it's hardware. Does anyone else have this issue, and have you found a fix?  At this point, I'm just taking calls on my iPhone, since the desk phone is unusable.
I also had the same issue

drgeoff