News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP4 cannot be configured, says "Device Not Configured."

Started by Steevo1, April 06, 2023, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steevo1

I have two OBI 200s both in use for one GV number, working fine for years.
I heard about the EOL so a couple of weeks ago I went into both of them and configured SP2, SP3 with GV numbers with Obitalk online.
They chugged a while and then worked fine.
Today I tried to put another GV number on SP4 and that chuggs a while then says
Device Not Configured. I named the SP4 by the number and that is correct in Obitalk online. I did it a few times, logging into the correct google account for SP4 each time.

What could be wrong?

Steevo1

I also notice the default pw admin does not seem to work on the ip address interface.
I didn't change it. Odd. It worked earlier today.

Steevo1

Well, now this is a little interesting.
As I said I have two Obi 200 devices at different locations.
A couple of weeks ago as I said, I went into my local device and put in GV numbers on SP2 and SP3 and that all works.

At the time I went into Obitalk.com and configured SP2 and SP3 on the remote Obi 200, which is not accessible at the moment. The network is currently disabled at that location.

However on obitalk.com I was able to add SP2 and SP3 on the remote non-accessible OBI 200 and all that seemed to work at least on Obitalk.net. I assume when I go to the other location and enable the network that OBI200 will connect the three lines. After talking to the server. And I was able to add the new GV number to SP4 on that box on obitalk.net.

The local OBI 200 is the one I cannot configure SP4 on. I tested the new GV number on my google voice app on my android phone and that works. But SP4 still says "Service not configured."

One thing I did notice is this. When I went in to configure SP4 locally it asked me to login to Google. But the window on obitalk.net says cannot connect, then another window opens with a google login and I was able to login to the correct account.

On SP4 the correct Active Google Username is listed. So I assume that all worked.

But SP4 still says service not configured, even though the correct Active Google Username and phone number as the line name are correct, so that seemed to provision.

All three lights are green on the OBI200, the middle one blinking rapidly. And the line works, I can call out and the phone rings.

Can anyone suggest anything to look into?

Steevo1

Steevo1

I finally sent a support message to the tech support email, and after exchanging what seemed like 25 messages about it, got back:

Support and Warranty Coverage Expired Date September 2016.

Cisco did that to me. I had a problem with a cisco linksys voip phone and they spent the entire call trying to check my warranty. I finally said "It works fine, I am not trying to return it. Stop talking about that and tell me what I am doing wrong!

Steevo1

Well, I rebooted the unit after enabling auto provisioning and it seems to work now.

drgeoff

GV cannot be successfully configured on any SP unless Obitalk Provisioning is enabled. Once GV is working on the SP, Obitalk Provisioning may be disabled if desired.