News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Has anyone installed an EHS (Electronic Hook Switch) for OBi2182?

Started by ShowGo_Shane, June 01, 2023, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowGo_Shane

1st, Thank You for taking the time to peak into my question.

Here's what we're working with...
  • ❶) OBi2182 Desk phone
  • ❷) Poly SAVI 745 Wireless Headset
  • ❸) EHS Cable APP-51 (Poly)

LNKs:
❶) [OBi2182] | IMG of (ports, plugs) on the back OBi2182 ⇢ OBi2182 WiFi VOIP Phone
      [OBi2182] | IMG of front of phone ⇢ OBi2182 WiFi VOIP Phone [FRONT]
❷) IMG of the SAVI 745 headset ⇢ [Plantronics SAVI W745 headset]
❸) IMG of the EHS Cable, highlighting an odd plug at end of wire. EHS Cable

NOTES:
I wish I had more helpful info to report, except it just doesn't work.
I can't figure out where one end of the EHS plug goes into the OBi2182... or, if it's even something that needs to be plugged in. I'm starting to have doubts.

Please check out this img to see what part of the wire I'm talking about. [Click here: EHS (w/ 'the plug to nowhere')]

And, the image of the back of the desk phone (IMG #1 above) doesn't appear to have a port for the wire with that odd plug ending.

Thanks again, in advance, for your suggestions and help!
-Shane

ATTACHMENTS:
Since this is my first post here, I'm not sure what is customary regarding attachments. I put links within the text above but I'll also attach relevant screenshots so they don't get missed.

image_70.png
image_71.png
image_68.png
image_69.png

drgeoff

I don't have that phone nor headset. My guess is that your "can't figure" plug goes in the bottom left socket on back of 2182 and the plug on the right of that picture of adaptor goes in one of the lower two sockets in the column of three on the right. Assume the custom combo plug fits the Plantronics.

ShowGo_Shane

Thanks for your reply... and based on what you wrote I had to give it another look and (I recall seeing this some time ago, but had forgotten)... but the 'AUX' outlet (?) you mentioned actually *has* 'EHS' as its label - meaning, this is where the EHS cable is supposed to go!

Check out this screenshot.  Ports & Plugs in back of OBi2182

Maybe this is what you were basing your advice on all along, but I wanted to point it out just in case - because I totally missed it.

That said... it just doesn't fit. I need someone from Poly to help out. I'll call their Support next.

SteveInWA

You can't figure out where to connect it, because it's the wrong EHS cable.  It won't work at all with that phone.

That cable is for the Poly VVX series phones.

There is no longer a EHS cable being sold for the OBi 2xxx series, which are EOL.  There's no support for that phone.  Send it and the cable back to wherever you bought it.

If you want a current-production Poly IP desk phone, get one of the VVX series, or the Edge B series.

ShowGo_Shane

What is 'SPAMMER' referring to??

Thanks for the info Steve, I wish I knew this a couple of months ago.

Does this mean the OBi202 is EOL as well? I have 2-3 of those, plus the 2182. Dang.

Thanks in advance,
Shane in Seattle

Taoman

Quote from: ShowGo_ShaneDoes this mean the OBi202 is EOL as well? I have 2-3 of those, plus the 2182. Dang.
The OBi202 goes EOL this December. Just because a device goes EOL doesn't mean it stops working.

The OBi2182 went EOL in July of 2022. But it's still working for you, isn't it?
OBI2182-EOS.JPG