News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

** code list

Started by johnbo, June 26, 2023, 10:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbo

Is there a list of ** codes we can use on the phone keypad showing what they can do?   for instance what is the restart code from the phone and others?

drgeoff

Quote from: johnbo on June 26, 2023, 10:53:14 AMIs there a list of ** codes we can use on the phone keypad showing what they can do?   for instance what is the restart code from the phone and others?
The ** prefix is commonly used only for selecting which SP to use for an outbound call.  That can be explicitly done by manually dialling **n (n being an integer) before the called number.  Or it can be performed internally by the phone port digit map being configured to recognise certain dialled numbers or number ranges.

There are also so called "star codes" which are invoked by dialling *nn.

And there are the *** codes which let you perform certain management functions using the phone keypad as input and spoken prompts/replies as output. Eg ***1 returns network details.

You will find all of those (and much more) in the OBi Device Admin Guide which can be downloaded from the docs section of obitalk.com.  It is only when you have read that tome multiple times and understood it that you begin to appreciate just what your seemingly simple OBi ATA can do.

johnbo

thank you but what I was looking for was what do I dial on the phone to make the OBiHi restart?

drgeoff

Quote from: johnbo on June 26, 2023, 02:39:11 PMthank you but what I was looking for was what do I dial on the phone to make the OBiHi restart?
Pages 27 and 28 of the Admin Guide.

johnbo

Thank you that worked

Clarksburg

You can see tons of codes in the Admin Guide.

drgeoff