News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

when Internet goes down

Started by johnbo, June 27, 2023, 10:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbo

Every so often My internet connection might go down then maybe once a day if that. But when it does i noticed MY OBiHi lights still stay lit and when I pick up the phone and make a call I get that message that "HAS NOT RECIVED A RESPONSE FROM THE SERIVE RPOVIDER" sometimes it clears up in time and other times I have to unplug or reboot the unit. What is your advice for this to get it to connect automatically?

jamesmoon

Quote from: johnbo on June 27, 2023, 10:25:39 AMEvery so often My internet connection might go down then maybe once a day if that. But when it does i noticed MY OBiHi lights still stay lit and when I pick up the phone and make a call I get that message that "HAS NOT RECIVED A RESPONSE FROM THE SERIVE RPOVIDER" sometimes it clears up in time and other times I have to unplug or reboot the unit. What is your advice for this to get it to connect automatically? uno online
I think you should double-check the network settings on your OBiHi device to ensure they are correctly configured. Ensure that the device is set up to automatically obtain an IP address from your router and that the DNS settings are correct. You may need to consult the user manual or contact the OBiHi support team for specific instructions on verifying and configuring network settings.

drgeoff

Contrary to what the above poster advised, the problem is usually solved by configuring the OBi to have a static IP address.  Most residential gateways are slower to reboot and only have the DHCP server running after the OBi has booted and already given up asking for a DHCP address.