News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi1022 question

Started by M105, October 19, 2023, 12:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M105

I have an obi1022 desk phone set up for Google Voice on SP1.  I have imported my Google contacts into the phone and all works well.  When the phone rings and the number is in my phonebook, it shows the caller ID name on the phone's display along with the number.

I also have a peer extension set up for use in an outbuilding on my network.  It uses SP2 in the 1022 and a Grandstream 812 ATA in the outbuilding.  It also works well and is able to place and answer calls.  It also receives caller ID but only the number.

I assume the caller ID name is being looked up internally in the 1022 and displayed on its screen.  My question is:  Is there a way I can gain access to that name and send it with the caller ID information to my extension phone?  Maybe something like a variable that can be added to the SP1 inbound call route as the inbound call is being routed to SP2.

M105

This seems to be working now without changing anything.  The extension is now receiving the caller id name.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is it possible that since Obi Extras has been discontinued obi/google has returned this feature to users?

It has been a while since I was active on this forum.  It seems to have lost a lot of interest.  I hope it remains as there is a wealth of information stored here.