News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi Recording Alternative

Started by Italian, December 12, 2023, 03:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian

I have two GV numbers on my OBi202. The main and most important feature for my use is call recording, both incoming and outgoing. I am NOT interested in call recording that announces the call is being recorded.

What would be the most economical option to record all calls once the OBis stop working?

Taoman

Quote from: Italian on December 12, 2023, 03:57:56 PMI have two GV numbers on my OBi202. The main and most important feature for my use is call recording, both incoming and outgoing. I am NOT interested in call recording that announces the call is being recorded.

What would be the most economical option to record all calls once the OBis stop working?
As I mentioned on Reddit, your OBi isn't going to "stop working" after the EOL date.

And you haven't mentioned how you are currently recording calls (assuming you are). Are you using the OBi's Call Status page Record button to record calls? http:\\OBi-ipaddress\callstatus.htm

But if you are determined to use a VOIP solution for recording all calls the one I am familiar with is voip.ms. You can record calls at a rate of .25/cent ($0.0025) per minute. There is no call recording announcement.
DIDs cost $.85/month plus $.009/minute.
Outgoing calls are $.01/minute.

Italian

Yes, I use the callstatus page on the local webportal page of the OBi device. It's a bit of a pain in the butt and the files are large, but it's free...