News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to Delete OBi 100 (no delete button), I want to set up my new OBi200

Started by Kevv, December 15, 2023, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevv

I'm trying to activate a brand new (not used) OBi200 on my PC and the echo test is fine, the **5 counts down but will not set up my OBi200. My sister's OBi200 we just set up on her computer only took a few minutes and works fine. For me, I have my dad's old PC and he had OBi100 on it, but threw the OBi100 away when it was not in service anymore. I set up a brand new Obi account in my name, and it automatically lists my dad's OBi100 in the Dashboard. I click on the "settings" icon and the resulting screen has no delete button (a delete button is usually there). My dad has tried to get into his original OBi account with his old username and password but it says the username (email) is not recognized. He tried signing in with Google instead but it doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can delete the old Obi100 without having my dad's original account (the delete button might be there in his old account)? I'm assuming this is why my OBi200 won't set up.

drgeoff

Sorry but much of that does not make sense.

Only the softphone automatically appears in a new accoint.  A  device can only be in one account ar a time.  A device in one account cannot be added to another account or moved into another account until it is deleted from that first account. The deletion can only be performed from within that first account.

Devices are independent of each other. Any problem with the OB100 has no impact on the OBi200.

Kevv

Thanks drgeoff, that helps. So it's not the old OBi100 I'm seeing in my account, it's the softphone (which I wasn't sure what that is). So now I'm back to my original problem, for some reason my new OBi200 won't set up on my computer, I tried to set it up on my dad's computer and it won't set up there either. I've tried many times, it still doesn't work. My mom's and my sister's OBi200 devices set up fine with no problems. 

Kevv

The attached is a screenshot of the "softphone" when I click on it in my Dashboard. The message in red stating OBi100 is no longer supported made me think the old OBi100 was listed below the message. When I set up my sister's OBi200 yesterday, this message did not come up. Any idea what this message means and why it is showing up? It shows up on my dad's computer too when I try to set up the OBi200 there.

drgeoff

Quote from: Kevv on December 16, 2023, 03:00:05 PMThanks drgeoff, that helps. So it's not the old OBi100 I'm seeing in my account, it's the softphone (which I wasn't sure what that is). So now I'm back to my original problem, for some reason my new OBi200 won't set up on my computer, I tried to set it up on my dad's computer and it won't set up there either. I've tried many times, it still doesn't work. My mom's and my sister's OBi200 devices set up fine with no problems. 
You don't setup any OBi on a computer.  You use a web browser to interact with the Obitalk portal but nothing is installed on the computer.  First thing to try is a different browser.

When your sister's OBi was easily configured, was that using the same computer on the same internet connection that is not working for your OBi?

Check that your Obi has up to date firmware.  You must have the latest one to use Google Voice though I think it would have to be really old to be a reason for inability to add to your dashboard at Obitalk.com.

drgeoff

Quote from: Kevv on December 16, 2023, 03:18:05 PMThe attached is a screenshot of the "softphone" when I click on it in my Dashboard. The message in red stating OBi100 is no longer supported made me think the old OBi100 was listed below the message. When I set up my sister's OBi200 yesterday, this message did not come up. Any idea what this message means and why it is showing up? It shows up on my dad's computer too when I try to set up the OBi200 there.
You can ignore all that.  It is irrelevant to your issue.

Kevv

I have just now tried 4 browsers with same result (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and installed a new browser called Brave and tried that). I still get the message "Failed to connect your device".

I dialed ***6 for updates and it says "Software update not available".

My sister is on a different computer, same network (same LAN in our house), and Edge worked fine for her.

Kevv

Resolved! Thanks drgeoff, you got me thinking about the firmware and since ***6 didn't work to update, I used option 3 in this post to manually update: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 and I was able to set up my OBi200 just fine. It had really old firmware!