News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200/Google Voice: No response from Google Voice server 216.239.36.145

Started by purplefuzz, February 18, 2024, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplefuzz

I have an OBi200 device (Hardware Version 1.4/Software Version 3.2.2, Build: 8680EX) that was working properly the last time I used it, but can now no longer make calls. When I attempt to make a call the following audio message is played on my phone:

The number you dialed XXX-XXX-XXXX has not received a response from the service provider.

The OBi200 admin page on my device shows the following value under SP1 Service Status:

Connect Failed: No Response (server=216.239.36.145; retry in 29s)

My Google Voice number is displayed on the OBi Dashboard on the OBiTalk website with the following status:

SP1   Google Voice    Connect Failed: No Response

I rebooted the OBi200 several times from the admin page, unplugged the device and replugged to a different ethernet port on my router, and physically turned the unit on and off but the inability to make calls persists and the status on the admin page/OBiTalk website does not change.

I thought this might be a DNS issue, so I tried changing the DNS settings on the OBi200 to 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1 and 8.8.8.8 but the unit can still not connect to the Google Voice service.

Does anyone know how I can get my OBi200 working again with Google Voice?
Thank you in advance for any assistance or advice you can provide.

shredits

Even though I physically switched the unit on and off, I tried to reset the OBi200 many times via the admin page, disconnected the device and replugged it to a different ethernet port on my router, and physically turned the unit on and off. However, the inability to make calls continues, and the status on the admin page and the OBiTalk website does not change.

drgeoff

How long since you last used that GV number? Google reclaims numbers which appear to be no longer used. I don't know what the criterion is.