News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi2182 works on wifi but not on ethernet

Started by Louis, February 29, 2024, 05:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

New to the community, and I hope that I am following all of the rules.

Just like the title says, I had no issues with the 2182 IP Phone set up over Wi-Fi, but I can not get it to work on ethernet. I have tried setting a static IP. I have tried looking through all the parameters on the admin page, with no luck whatsoever. So, I factory reset and tried again only to encounter the same issue. Works fine over Wi-Fi, but no joy over ethernet.  seen Tx packets in the under Network > Ethernet Stats but there is always 0 for Rx. That said, I did try to connect to another router, and still had the same issue.

I must also note that in my router settings for DHCP, I can see that the IP Phone is on the network, because it shows up in the list of manual assignments I can make(only after I set the static IP on the IP Phone).

I am beginning to think that this IP Phone is a Lemon. I searched the forum but I am not seeing any similar issues to mine. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

drgeoff

Have you tried these?

1.  A different ethernet cable.

2.  The other ethernet socket on the phone.  Except for PoE support on the one marked 'SW' the two are functionally the same.

Louis

Quote from: drgeoff on February 29, 2024, 08:11:43 AMHave you tried these?

2.  The other ethernet socket on the phone.  Except for PoE support on the one marked 'SW' the two are functionally the same.

I did try another ethernet cable. I tried both the SW and the PC ports to no avail. Thank you for pointing this out drgeoff

Louis

Quote from: Louis on February 29, 2024, 08:28:44 AM

I did try another ethernet cable. I tried both the SW and the PC ports to no avail. Thank you for pointing this out drgeoff

What I had not tried was a new cable in the PC port... I went back and tried it and now I am Rx messages. I think that did it. Thank you for the suggestion! Apparently, it was exactly what I needed. However, this means that they sent me a faulty cable and does it mean that the SW port is malfunctioning?

Louis

Quote from: Louis on February 29, 2024, 08:38:11 AM
Quote from: Louis on February 29, 2024, 08:28:44 AM

What I had not tried was a new cable in the PC port... I went back and tried it and now I am Rx messages. I think that did it. Thank you for the suggestion! Apparently, it was exactly what I needed. However, this means that they sent me a faulty cable and does it mean that the SW port is malfunctioning?

.... Nevermind. I now switched the new cable to the SW port and it is still working. Either I am off my rocker, or sometime odd happened here... I am now speechless. Full credit to you drgeoff!