News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 lost its configuration

Started by unmesh, March 27, 2024, 09:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unmesh

I have two of these configured with GV and, for some reason, one of them lost its configuration.

Since they are supposedly no longer configurable from the Obitalk portal, is it now unusable with GV or is there a workaround?

Thanks

sidewinder

I had a similar situation. I  had  to update  the  firmware   for  my  Obi202 because  of the dreaded flashing red/green led.  It was configured  for GV. Now after  the firmware  update,  I  went  back to the  Obitalk dashboard . It said  it   had  to initialize  (  can't remember  the exact  message.) After that,   my GV configuration was  gone   :'( ....And of course, it can't be added again thru the portal !
Also looking for a solution !

drgeoff

Quote from: sidewinder on March 30, 2024, 04:17:56 AMI had a similar situation. I  had  to update  the  firmware   for  my  Obi202 because  of the dreaded flashing red/green led.  It was configured  for GV. Now after  the firmware  update,  I  went  back to the  Obitalk dashboard . It said  it   had  to initialize  (  can't remember  the exact  message.) After that,   my GV configuration was  gone   :'( ....And of course, it can't be added again thru the portal !
Apologies if my suspicions are misplaced but that post was made only two minutes after registering here. Someone who had GV configured and by necessity used the portal to do so would have needed an account at obitalk.com much, much more than two minutes beforehand.

azrobert

I agree that this is probable spam, but I don't think what you said is correct. There are 2 registrations, one for OBiTalk and another for the forum. I assume that date is the forum registration date.
I also forgot that there is a separate registration for the forum. I setup a 2nd OBiTalk account for testing a long time ago and never registered to the forum. I recently logged into the 2nd account and saw the option for Forum Registration. This is where you select a forum user name.

OBiTalk.png

sidewinder

Quote from: drgeoff on March 30, 2024, 10:03:59 AM
Quote from: sidewinder on March 30, 2024, 04:17:56 AMI had a similar situation. I  had  to update  the  firmware  for  my  Obi202 because  of the dreaded flashing red/green led.  It was configured  for GV. Now after  the firmware  update,  I  went  back to the  Obitalk dashboard . It said  it  had  to initialize  (  can't remember  the exact  message.) After that,  my GV configuration was  gone  :'( ....And of course, it can't be added again thru the portal !
Apologies if my suspicions are misplaced but that post was made only two minutes after registering here. Someone who had GV configured and by necessity used the portal to do so would have needed an account at obitalk.com much, much more than two minutes beforehand.
Quote from: drgeoff on March 30, 2024, 10:03:59 AM
Quote from: sidewinder on March 30, 2024, 04:17:56 AMI had a similar situation. I  had  to update  the  firmware  for  my  Obi202 because  of the dreaded flashing red/green led.  It was configured  for GV. Now after  the firmware  update,  I  went  back to the  Obitalk dashboard . It said  it  had  to initialize  (  can't remember  the exact  message.) After that,  my GV configuration was  gone  :'( ....And of course, it can't be added again thru the portal !
Sorry  for the confusion. This  is the  first  time  using  the forum even  though I'm  been using  my Obi 202  with GV  registered on the Obitalk  portal  for 11  years ! . I also  have  my  original  login  for  ObiTalk  for 11 years under a different  name . I tried  creating a  new Obitalk account because  of  my  issue  that  was  recently  mentioned ( GV  configuration  gone). Thought it would resolve the issue. I hope  this clarifies the only 1  posting. I can go back to the original login  if  this  will  convince you  that  this is not spam! Just about to  give up on this Obi  and move on :)
Thanks in advance

drgeoff

Quote from: sidewinder on March 30, 2024, 12:57:32 PMSorry  for the confusion. This  is the  first  time  using  the forum even  though I'm  been using  my Obi 202  with GV  registered on the Obitalk  portal  for 11  years ! . I also  have  my  original  login  for  ObiTalk  for 11 years under a different  name . I tried  creating a  new Obitalk account because  of  my  issue  that  was  recently  mentioned ( GV  configuration  gone). Thought it would resolve the issue. I hope  this clarifies the only 1  posting. I cam  go back to the original login  if  this  will  convince you  that  this is not spam! Just about to  give up on this Obi  and move on :)
Thanks in advance

There are two hacked firmwares available from https://www.obifirmware.com but I do not know if either can address your issue.  Maybe someone else can elucidate.

sidewinder

Thank you. Yes, I saw  that  website before.   I had  updated the firmware  several  years ago with no issues. This  situation  is unusual.    I get  dial tone  and can  use the keypad  to initiate the registration process again   but I  just  get "Unable to add phone of OBi202 type. Phone must be an OBi phone that supports consumer portal".I had  hope my  registration info was still there. Unfortunately,since the GV server is gone, I guess  I have to now call this obi202 a "brick".LOL
Thanks again.

drgeoff

Over the years I have updated the firmware on OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202 and OBi1032. It was never necessary to redo the **5 procedure.

Your OBi can still be used with other ITSPs by configuring via its onboard web server. azrobert has posted how to use it for GV in conjunction with a PC. Have you studied the DSL Reports forum posts to ascertain if the non-official firmware enables GV configuration without the Obitalk portal?

azrobert

drgeoff posted the link to the firmware. Just follow the installation instructions. You need to request the config instructions from naf or I can send you a copy.
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31792784-Obihai-OBi20x-30x-OBi1000-OBi50x-OBi2000-firmware-mods

Your OBi202 might have another problem causing it to lose the config. It might be a good idea to do a factory reset before starting.

sidewinder

"Update-Obi 202" I did a  factory  reset  by dialing ***8. It did  reset  and  my Obi 202 was able  to  reconnect to the  Obitalk  dashboard. It successfully configured  it for  GV. All is  good  now. The  reset  button is  broken on  the PCB  and  just found the ***8  to reset. I  guess I  pressed the  tiny reset  button too  many  times,LOL