News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai no internet connection

Started by eddie77, May 05, 2024, 12:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie77

My 200 worked in my old house but now after dialtone it says "IP address not available."  New ISP and new eero router.  Time for a new one?

drgeoff

Quote from: eddie77 on May 05, 2024, 12:12:55 PMMy 200 worked in my old house but now after dialtone it says "IP address not available."  New ISP and new eero router.  Time for a new one?
Unlikely to be anything that requires a replacement OBi200.

For diagnostic purposes, temporarily connect your OBi200 directly to the ISP modem, ie do not use the eero router.  Remove power from the OBi for 15 seconds and then repower.  Wait 1 minute then dial **9 222 222 222.  Do you reach the echo test announcement and hear "Welcome to Obitalk .....".

eddie77

Thank you for your response. (Have problems replying.)
It did not work connected to the modem.  When connected to the eero, I got an different message, as follows:  "has not received a response from the service provider."  COV is investigating.  222 222 222 did return a truncated message.

eddie77

eddie77

I looked at a different post: So my IP is 192.168.4.155 and ENABLED.

eddie77

Eddie here.  Not having any luck with ISP.  Any ideas?  All lights are correct, just no response from ISP.  Would I have better luck with a Grandstream, since the 200 is very old?  Thanks.

drgeoff

Dial ***1 and note the IP address read out to you.  Put that into the address bar of a browser and log in with username admin and default password admin or whatever if you have changed it.

At the left side click on 'Status'.  Report back here the contents of the 5 fields in my screenshot.  (There is NO security risk publishing those.)