News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with Obi110 in India

Started by ashinusa, December 12, 2011, 10:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashinusa

I have had an Obi110 in India for a few months. I want all incoming calls on PSTN to route to my Obi in USA. I have the Line port to call ob(my OB number) but I have never got it working.
Also when I dial using the AA to connect to PSTN in India, the connection is not consistent. At times it goes just fine. On other days I will get an initial ring for a few seconds before it just hangs up the Obi for a few minutes.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

RonR

Quote from: ashinusa on December 12, 2011, 10:38:33 PM
I have had an Obi110 in India for a few months. I want all incoming calls on PSTN to route to my Obi in USA. I have the Line port to call ob(my OB number) but I have never got it working.

This should be as simple as:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200123456)}

Incoming calls to the LINE Port should ring the PHONE Port on the OBi whose OBiTALK number is 200123456.

Quote from: ashinusa on December 12, 2011, 10:38:33 PM
Also when I dial using the AA to connect to PSTN in India, the connection is not consistent. At times it goes just fine. On other days I will get an initial ring for a few seconds before it just hangs up the Obi for a few minutes.

Assuming the call is being bridged using the OBiTALK trunk, a bad Internet connection could explain it as the OBiTALK voice server here in the US is required to make such a connection.

ashinusa

This is exactly what I had it setup for for the Line port but it doesn't work.

I was using an SP3000 before this and I wouldn't have any issues with connecting on outbound or incoming calls. So the net connection should be ok. They have a 2Mbps DSL line there.

Thanks

yhfung

In order to find out the causes of the problem, you have to isolate the source of the problem.

1. Are your friend in India able to make Obitalk call to you by dialling your USA ObiNo without any failure?

2. If the answer is yes, then the Internet connection between the India and US is okay. Otherwise, there may have some problems in the Internet connection.

3. Modify the incoming route of OBi110 such that whenever every calls to your OBI110 PSTN Line, does your phone connected to the PHONE Port rings for each PSTN call without any failure?

If the answer is no, the cause of the problem is the ring detection of OBi110 is different from your India local telco.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

ashinusa

1. Direct calls from Obi to Obi by picking up the phone work great. Voice quality is great.
2. That makes m think that the net connection is ok.
3. I will ask my parents to try this.

What things does the ring detection tone affect? Why am I not able to make outgoing calls(US Obi -> India Obi -> PSTN), where my call connects but the voice never carries across to either party.

Quote from: yhfung on December 16, 2011, 08:14:46 PM
In order to find out the causes of the problem, you have to isolate the source of the problem.

1. Are your friend in India able to make Obitalk call to you by dialling your USA ObiNo without any failure?

2. If the answer is yes, then the Internet connection between the India and US is okay. Otherwise, there may have some problems in the Internet connection.

3. Modify the incoming route of OBi110 such that whenever every calls to your OBI110 PSTN Line, does your phone connected to the PHONE Port rings for each PSTN call without any failure?

If the answer is no, the cause of the problem is the ring detection of OBi110 is different from your India local telco.

YH

ProfTech

I recently sent an Obi 100 over to India and was having trouble with One Way audio. I enabled STUN and ICE [using Callcentric] and it seemed to correct the one way audio but I noticed that it seemed to be losing registration sometimes. I changed my STUN server to stun.xten.com and I am still testing but it seems to look like my registration is not dropping now.

ashinusa

Are you using it for the PSTN line connection in India?

I have more data on my problem. I changed the settings to ph for the incoming calls on the PSTN line. This does ring the phone connected to the Obi. BUT if he picks up the phone it disconnects the DSL modem so that the internet connection goes down for a few minutes. This is what seems to be causing the disconnections for me when trying to access the PSTN line. He checked that the DSL filter is connected correctly. He also connected the phone directly to the phone line, with the Obi out of the loop, and he could then take calls without it affecting the DSL modem.

I am guessing this has to do with the tone settings in the Obi device, but am not sure which ones. It is something significant cause it shakes up the DSL modem itself.

Thanks

ProfTech

I am using an Obi 100 in India which has no line port. From your last post, you stated that when you connect the phone directly to the PSTN line there is no problem. You also said that when the Obi is connected to the line, things start to go wrong when the call connects. From your description it sounds like the Obi may be loading the PSTN line incorrectly. You may want to experiment with the setting

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> Port Settings -> ACImpedance

I can't say what the correct setting for a phone line in India might be, unfortunately.

ashinusa

Quote from: ProfTech on December 30, 2011, 07:21:20 PM
I am using an Obi 100 in India which has no line port. From your last post, you stated that when you connect the phone directly to the PSTN line there is no problem. You also said that when the Obi is connected to the line, things start to go wrong when the call connects. From your description it sounds like the Obi may be loading the PSTN line incorrectly. You may want to experiment with the setting

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> Port Settings -> ACImpedance

I can't say what the correct setting for a phone line in India might be, unfortunately.

Thanks!! It seems to be the Impedance causing the more severe problem of the disconnect. I got that resolved by changing to 600 ohm + 1uf. Now the calls from my Obi -> AA -> Line are working when I dial a land line. it's still not working for cell phones or for incoming calls forward to my Obi.

ProfTech

You may want to try
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute -> vg1
and
Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway1 -> AccessNumber -> pp(200123456)

Make sure vg1 is enabled and has (xx.) for the DigitMap (default settings)
Use the number of your Obi in the USA. This should operate the same as what you already have but who knows... It might not.

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on January 02, 2012, 11:45:15 PM
You may want to try
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute -> vg1
and
Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway1 -> AccessNumber -> pp(200123456)

Make sure vg1 is enabled and has (xx.) for the DigitMap (default settings)
Use the number of your Obi in the USA. This should operate the same as what you already have but who knows... It might not.

Unless there's a (Mvg1) reference somewhere in another DigitMap, the VG1 -> DigitMap is not used.