News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obihai obitalk obi202 voip box issue

Started by greggcrews, May 16, 2024, 03:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greggcrews

Hello,
The box itself works wonders and been working for years with almost no issues. I am using it for my parents phone and fax right now. Recently I tried to change the LAN at their house from 192.168.1.x to 172.16.10.x.geometry dash scratch
Made the change, all was great, changed the IP of obi202 to the new range and works for a few minutes and then somehow keeps resetting itself to 192.168.1.144. Tried static IP, tried DHCP, tried reset all network settings, rebooted multiple times but at best it will work a day before going back to the same old IP.

Any ideas? Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: greggcrews on May 16, 2024, 03:03:16 AMHello,
The box itself works wonders and been working for years with almost no issues. I am using it for my parents phone and fax right now. Recently I tried to change the LAN at their house from 192.168.1.x to 172.16.10.x.
Made the change, all was great, changed the IP of obi202 to the new range and works for a few minutes and then somehow keeps resetting itself to 192.168.1.144. Tried static IP, tried DHCP, tried reset all network settings, rebooted multiple times but at best it will work a day before going back to the same old IP.

Any ideas? Thanks
Are you configuring using your portal dashboard at obitalk.com or using the 202's onboard webserver?  If the latter it sounds like the portal is overriding the onboard config pages.  You prevent that by disabling Obitalk Provisioning.  Attached screenshot is from an OBi200 but 202 is the same.