News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi2182 keeps ringing after call is rejected

Started by Bird222, May 18, 2024, 10:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird222

I don't know if this is an Obi issue or a GV issue.  When I call my cell from the Obi2182, if I reject the call the Obi keeps ringing.  In addition, a voice will come on saying that 'the wireless subscriber is unavailable (but the ringing is continuing in the background).  After a few seconds the cell will start ringing again as if I made another call.  Any fix for this?

drgeoff

Quote from: Bird222 on May 18, 2024, 10:19:44 AMI don't know if this is an Obi issue or a GV issue.  When I call my cell from the Obi2182, if I reject the call the Obi keeps ringing.  In addition, a voice will come on saying that 'the wireless subscriber is unavailable (but the ringing is continuing in the background).  After a few seconds the cell will start ringing again as if I made another call.  Any fix for this?
I assume you are in a country where cellphone numbers are intermingled with landline ones.  If so, only the cellphone service provider knows that the number you are calling is of a wireless subscriber.  The first finger to be pointed should be in that direction.

Bird222

Quote from: drgeoff on May 18, 2024, 12:14:02 PM
Quote from: Bird222 on May 18, 2024, 10:19:44 AMI don't know if this is an Obi issue or a GV issue.  When I call my cell from the Obi2182, if I reject the call the Obi keeps ringing.  In addition, a voice will come on saying that 'the wireless subscriber is unavailable (but the ringing is continuing in the background).  After a few seconds the cell will start ringing again as if I made another call.  Any fix for this?
I assume you are in a country where cellphone numbers are intermingled with landline ones.  If so, only the cellphone service provider knows that the number you are calling is of a wireless subscriber.  The first finger to be pointed should be in that direction.

I guess so.  I'm in the US.  So this is an issue of my wireless carrier?  When you reject a call, what data gets sent back to the caller?