News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail notification

Started by lzipin, December 15, 2011, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lzipin

Folks, I hope I'm in the right place.  I installed my OBi110 a week ago or so, and it works great with GVoice and a cheap wireless phone.  I've been a long-time user of GVoice, and of its Do Not Disturb feature (via Settings | Calls).  And, with the OBi110, I've gone back and forth with the GVoice setting of Place missed calls in the inbox (same settings menu).  My questions:

What's the difference between the *78-enabled Do Not Disturb feature provided by the OBi110 and the GVoice feature?

My cheap wireless phone has its voicemail notification happening (red light blinking, envelope icon displayed).  Given that there's some bug (or design choice) in the OBi110, how do I clear the notification so that the light on the phone stops blinking?

Thanks for your thoughts.

-- Lee

kf7kip

make sure your GV account dos not notify missed calls. That could fix the problem

RonR

Quote from: lzipin on December 15, 2011, 11:52:45 AM
What's the difference between the *78-enabled Do Not Disturb feature provided by the OBi110 and the GVoice feature?

Enabling Do Not Disturb on the OBi causes incoming calls on the LINE Port trunk to be ignored and incoming calls on the SP1, SP2, and OBiTALK Service trunks to report busy.

Quote from: lzipin on December 15, 2011, 11:52:45 AM
My cheap wireless phone has its voicemail notification happening (red light blinking, envelope icon displayed).  Given that there's some bug (or design choice) in the OBi110, how do I clear the notification so that the light on the phone stops blinking?

Log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  You cannot do this from the OBiTALK Web Portal as the needed setting does not exist there.

Disable Auto Provisioning and reboot:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Go to:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

and uncheck the Default checkbox and click Submit.  Unplug the power from the OBi.  With the OBi powered off, clear the Message Waiting Indicator on the phone.  If the Message Waiting Indicator on the phone returns with the OBi powered off, the problem obviously isn't with the OBi.  Plug the OBi back into power and go back to:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

If the checkbox immediately to the right of this setting becomes checked and your phone again reports Message Waiting, it's the OBi that's turning it on.  If the checkbox stays unchecked, the phone should not turn on its Message Waiting indicator.

lzipin

RonR, thanks for the detailed steps -- which seem to have solved the problem.

It got me reading through the manual (Device Admin Guide).  This is quite a powerful little box! - what with voice prompts and a multi-level Web interface with gobs of pages and parameters.  I still don't understand most of the terminology; it would have been quite difficult to find these particular parms as the solution to the call waiting notification on the phone.

Thanks again.

-- Lee

LindaB

I have the same issue.  I tried to log on to my server but I get invalid password message.  I used my password for the obitalk web site.  Do I need another password? 

RonR

It should either be admin or the one shown on the OBiTALK Web Portal for your OBi.

LindaB

I was able to get the web site and fix the problem.  Thanks.

LindaB

I disabled the voice mail waiting and now when someone calls it just rings and rings.  There's no ability to leave a message.  Guess I'll have to go back and check the box. 

RonR

Google Voice voicemail unconditionally picks up on unanswered calls after 25 seconds.  The VMW settings in the OBi should not affect Google Voice voicemail behavior.  The OBi settings only affect whether stutter dialtone and visual indications on phone are used.

LindaB

I use CallCentric.  Prior to unchecking the box as instructed (to get rid of the messagte indicator light) I received voicemail messages on my phone.  Once I unchecked the box I no longer get voice mail on home phone.

thanks,

RonR

Quote from: LindaB on January 30, 2012, 10:59:12 AM
I use CallCentric.  Prior to unchecking the box as instructed (to get rid of the messagte indicator light) I received voicemail messages on my phone.  Once I unchecked the box I no longer get voice mail on home phone.

This thread is regarding a Google Voice voicemail issue and this is your first disclosure that your posts are unrelated.

I just tested Callcentric voicemail and it's unaffected by the VMW settings in the OBi.  Just as with Google Voice, VMW settings in the OBi only affect whether the OBi produces stutter dialtone and presents a visual indication on the telephone set, but Callcentric voicemail continues to function regardless of the OBi settings.

lewistalk

every time I disable message waiting box at immediate right it is still checked after I reboot and the indicator light on telephone starts blinking.

Is this issue with obi110 device.  I did not have this problem for 6 months and all of a sudden it started.

any ideas Ron R?