News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Dial Tone

Started by Steam, December 18, 2011, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam

Hi All,

I need help for my OBi110 device. I setup Google voice with OBi110 device, and it worked great for few months. Now, it suddenly no dial tone. It doesn't matter I use wireless or analog phone, it sounds like the phone has no connection to the OBi110. But I can ping the device IP address, even I can login to the device configuration settings using my PC. All the LEDs show on the device looks normal to me. So I can tell my network connection has no issue with OBi110. It just no dial tone, and I cannot use the phone to send out any commands.
Please help!! Is my device defected? Or can I fix this issue in the device configuration settings? Or maybe in my Google voice account?

Thank you.

RonR

A totally unconfigured OBi straight out of the box with only a telephone connected to its PHONE Port should have dialtone.

If you're convinced you have a working telephone (and cord) connected to the OBi PHONE Port and still don't get dialtone, you might consider logging into the OBi and resetting it to factory defaults:

System Manangement -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration -> Press Reset to Start Process -> Reset

If you still don't have dialtone after the OBi reboots, it would appear you have a defective unit.

PCDoctor

I've got the same problem:

I've got 3 of these and 1 just died.  It appears to get on the network and log in to google, obitalk status is green, but no output to the phone, tried 2 phones, 2 cords, 2 obi power adapters (2 out of 3 hum by the way). I swapped just the box with a working one and got no dial tone on the phone that was working, so it's definitely the box. problem is it's just over 4 months old.  Can you do anything for me or am I just out?