News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA issue calling Obi to Obi directly

Started by JohnLennon, December 26, 2011, 01:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnLennon

I've added a 2nd Obi110 to my account and both work well with GV, however if I call from the 2nd (newly added) Oby to the #1 one (using 2# which is a shortcut for **9....) the user gets the AA and has to press 1.

If I do the reverse and call them, the call is answered directly.

I checked the configuration and both have AA enabled in their profile. What am I missing? How can I properly fix this?

RonR

To have the Auto Attendant answer calls from another OBi, there needs to be an InboundCallRoute rule:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456:aa},{ph}

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number that should be routed to the Auto Attendant.

Incoming OBiTALK Service calls from 200123456 will be sent to the Auto Attendant.  All others will ring the PHONE Port.

JohnLennon

RonR,
this however doesn't explain why the original #1 Obi doesn't get the AA when calling the new one.

The original (old) Obi has:
{(iPhone|NewObi)>(xx.):SP1},{(iPhone|NewObi):aa},{ph}

The new Obi has:
{(iPhone|OldObi)>(xx.):SP1},{(iPhone|OldObi):aa},{ph}

(for ease of reading I replaced the 290ABCDEF number with iPhone and 200ABCDEF with the old or new Obi).

Since both seem to direct to AA, why the different behavior?

Thanks in advance for your continued help.

RonR

What does the Call History in the OBi that fails to route the call to the Auto Attendant show for the failed call?

JohnLennon

RonR,
there is no failure.

1. Old can call the New one directly, without any AA prompt. I like this behavior.
2. When New calls Old, gets prompted from AA to press 1 to continue the call

Which one is the expected behavior and why is there a difference?

RonR

Given what you posted, either OBi calling the other OBi should reach the Auto Attendant.  Since it's not working in one direction, something isn't right.

If you don't want the Auto Attendant to answer in either direction, set:

original (old) Obi:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {(iPhone|NewObi)>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

new Obi:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {(iPhone|OldObi)>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

JohnLennon

Hi RonR,
the change that you suggested worked, thank you  :)