News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai firmware 1.3

Started by loadii, December 27, 2011, 06:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loadii

I upgraded my device to the latest firmware 1.3.  Since the upgrade the device appears to kill my internal network.  Not exactly sure what it is doing, the Ethernet port where the device is connected to is constantly blinking as if it is sending/receiving data.  While it is doing that, all my computers can't ping each other anymore.  The minute I unhook the Obi device, everything goes back to normal.

I am using Google Voice.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks

RonR

You might try the following the following steps:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

loadii

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  What will this sequence do?

RonR

It will change the Ethernet port on the OBi from 10mbs/half-duplex to 100mbs/full-duplex.

loadii

Thanks.  This procedure fixed the problem.

ProfTech

Hello Ron. Do you know if this setting is in the config file? Can it be restored if the unit is factory reset and the config is reloaded?

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on December 30, 2011, 06:56:20 PM
Do you know if this setting is in the config file? Can it be restored if the unit is factory reset and the config is reloaded?

I'm pretty sure it's not.  I make frequent backups and before overwriting my old backup, I do a compare to make sure nothing has changed but what I intended (I make so many changes to test things that it's easy to forget to put things back now and then).  I enabled option 27 a while back and didn't see it reflected in a subsequent backup comparison.

loadii

Hi

Changing the net interface to full 100 seems to have created another issue.  I am using GV with internet connection 50mbs/5mbs.  The initial minute of a given call is perfectly fine but after the first minute the call gets very spotty.  I called another phone at my home and I can hear delays up to 5 plus seconds.  By the way, never had this issue prior to the latest firmware update.

RonR

There's some kind of incompatibility between the Ethernet port on your router and the Ethernet port on the OBi.  The OBi should run equally well at 10mbs/half-duplex or 100mbs/full-duplex with any router.

Is your router updated to the latest firmware?  I'm not sure what else to suggest except to try a different router or try an Ethernet switch between the router and the OBi.

loadii

My obi device is connected to a non managed 1gbs d-link switch, which is connected to a Linksys E3000 router running Tomato firmware.  As I said earlier, before I upgraded to the latest firmware for the obi device everything was working fine.  I use it for faxing as well.

R_Chandra

Quote from: loadii on January 01, 2012, 02:55:31 PM
The initial minute of a given call is perfectly fine but after the first minute the call gets very spotty.  I called another phone at my home and I can hear delays up to 5 plus seconds.  By the way, never had this issue prior to the latest firmware update.
Boy, that does sound an awful lot like buffer bloat.  But somehow that doesn't seem like that could be the case, especially since it didn't happen before the firmware change.