News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA customization / no LINE pass through

Started by BShashinka, December 28, 2011, 01:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BShashinka

Currently I have an ooma that is going to be functioning as the FXS port to my new Obi 110. I am not using that line for IB calls. I only have the service to hold a number that was easy to remember. It currently gets a LOT of spam calls so I have the ooma VM set to answer right away thus not ringing any phones.

What I would like to do is set the Obi to have the AA answer all incoming calls (from the FXS port) and only give the options to place a new call (2) or be called back (3) after entering a pin.

I would like both SIP account slots to function normally. i.e. IB calls ring through to the phones unless they are on the trusted circle list in which case they will be greeted by the AA with all 3 options.

If in order to preserve the full AA function for the circle of trust I need to leave option 1 enabled fully then I would be satisfied if those calls ring right through to the GV Voicemail I have setup as provider 1 or are terminated by the obi.

From what I have been reading I should be able to disable option 1 using number mapping and disallowing "1" to be dialed but this is my first experience setting anything like this up so I have no idea where to begin; that also doesn't take care of the setup where if no option is chosen then the call will ring through.

Am I asking too much of what is basically a glorified ATA?

RonR

Options 1, 2, and 3 in the Auto Attendant cannot be altered or disabled.  You can change the various prompts that are played at various times in the Auto Attendant, but the basic operation of the Auto Attendant will not be changed.

When someone presses 1 to continue the call, the number stored at:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> NumberOnNoInput

is dialed.  This defaults to 0 which rings the PHONE Port.

BShashinka

Is there a list somewhere of the shortcut numbers that are used for the DigitMap, OutboundCallRoute, etc.

If I enter an invalid number for NumberOnNoInput say *** would the call just fail? for my use case that is an acceptable outcome.

<<EDIT>>

I got the auto attendant to answer by going into the expert configuration menu and changing InboundCallRoute to {aa} changing NumberOnNoInput to 000 results in the call being dropped if no option or option 1 is chosen.

Exactly what I wanted to happen.

RonR

The default Auto Attendant DigitMap is:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMaP:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

If option 1 attempts to call an invalid number (***), the Auto Attendant replies with "The number you dialed, ***, is invalid."

RonR

Quote from: BShashinka on December 28, 2011, 01:59:28 PM
I got the auto attendant to answer by going into the expert configuration menu and changing InboundCallRoute to {aa} changing NumberOnNoInput to 000 results in the call being dropped if no option or option 1 is chosen.

That's strange.  On my OBi, the Auto Attendant plays "The number you dialed, 000, is invalid" on option 1 or no input.

BShashinka

That is odd... I just re-verified it with two cell phones and it works as described in my last post.

I ended up using 000 instead of *** because with the latter upon the page reloading after I committed the changes the field had a single 0 in it again so I assume that the Obi just doesn't like *** being used.

I'm using the latest firmware that I got a notification about (1.3.0 (Build: 2651))

I'm happy that it works as it does... 911 calls will go out through the ooma, the anoying people who call at all hours of the night and only let the phone ring 3 times will be stopped and I have the very nice side effect of being able to access a call back service if I ever need it or place international calls from any phone in the country at very reasonable rates a la google Voice.

DaveTap

Quote from: BShashinka on December 28, 2011, 01:36:34 PM
Currently I have an ooma that is going to be functioning as the FXS port to my new Obi 110. I am not using that line for IB calls. I only have the service to hold a number that was easy to remember. It currently gets a LOT of spam calls so I have the ooma VM set to answer right away thus not ringing any phones.
Did you know your Ooma has Community Blacklist, Personal Blacklist and can block anonymous calls?