News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call from Landline Doesn't ring the phone

Started by RayInForum, December 30, 2011, 07:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayInForum

I have OBITalk 110 and connects a Cobra Phonelynx to the LINE port. The phonelynx connects to my cellphone. Now my problem is I can make a outbound call through my cellphone from a phone connected to OBI device, how ever an incoming call to my cellphone doesn't ring the connected phone. Is there any solution for that?

Stewart

1. When you get a call by other means (on OBiTALK, GV, a SIP service, etc.) does phone connected to OBi ring?

2. With the OBi powered off, does a call to your cellphone ring the phone connected to the OBi?

3. What, if anything, shows in Call History, with OBi powered back on and a call is made to your cell?

If (1) and (2) are ok, but (3) shows nothing, try setting LINE Port->RingThreshold down to 19.35-23.65.

RayInForum

Stewart, it is the scenario you described, however change the line port threshold didn't solve it. I even tried a lowest threshold range.

Stewart

After a failed call, what (if anything) shows in Call History of the OBi?

During a failing call (when your phone should be ringing but isn't), what shows in Call Status?

RayInForum

After failed call, call history doesn't show that call and during the call, active calls shows 0.
However, I am able to dial out use connected phone thru cell phone.

Stewart

It seems like some electrical incompatibility between the devices.

Using a splitter (or extension cord with two jacks), connect the Cobra to both the LINE port of the OBi and a phone.  On an incoming call to the cell phone, does the test phone ring?  With this hookup, does the OBi log a call?

ianobi

Six months on and I wonder if Ray threw his Cobra into the nearest bin  ::)

I have exactly the same problem and have tried the remedies Stewart suggested. In answer to the last post, a telephone connected in parallel with the OBi rings and answers normally.

By reducing RingDelay to anything under 1200, the OBi will see the incoming call from the Cobra and handle it normally, i.e. ringing the OBi phone port where the call can be answered normally. It seems that if the RingDelay is greater than this and the OBi sees the "off" part of the ringing cycle, then it refuses to process the call even thought the Line Port reports ringing for as long as the call is coming in. The problem with this scenario is that 1200ms is too short to process Caller ID.

I'm confused - not for the first time  ;)

All ideas welcome!

ianobi