News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ooma and Obi...

Started by bryanlyle, January 06, 2012, 06:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryanlyle

My parents have an Ooma Telo feeding the line port of an Obi110.  I have noticed a few times that incoming calls do not show Caller ID/Name.  Also, when on a call, if someone else calls, the Caller ID/Name NEVER displays.

Remove the Obi from my set up and everything works the way it should.  Is there a setting somewhere that I need to make to make this work properly?

The main reason for the Obi device in the mix is being able to control the TX/RX Gain on the phone calls.  My parents are ridiculously loud talkers on the phone and without the Obi, Ooma conversations break up at high volume :)

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Stewart

Try increasing RingDelay for the LINE port from 4000 to e.g. 6000.  If no luck, report what, if anything, gets logged in Call History for name and number on failed calls.

If you just want outbound volume control, Ooma support can make the adjustment in the Telo, so you wouldn't need the OBi.  Of course, there are many other reasons why Ooma and OBi make a good combination, e.g. to get better international rates, to get virtual numbers from other countries, to interoperate with iNum, SIPBroker, etc.

bryanlyle

Thanks Stewart. I will contact Ooma support to see of they can adjust the outgoing volume.

I can always use another Obi unit, so getting it out of their setup is a win-win for me.