News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help! out of town, Can I remotely tell if I lost power at home using Obi?

Started by pjjs, July 02, 2012, 08:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjjs

I heard there was bad weather in my home town.  I have an Obi at home and I am on vacation with an internet connection.  Can I check if the power is on at home using my Obi?  Is there some dialing trick or web portal to verify Obi has a heartbeat?

pc44

Hi pjjs,

You could log into the OBiTALK Web Portal to see if your OBI is successfully talking with the Portal.

Log in to the OBiTALK Web Portal here.  Then, check the Status under the OBi Dashboard for your OBi Endpoint.  If you point to the Status, it should say either Online or Offline.

Hope it helps, :)
pc44

pjjs

Logged in.  "Soft phone" SpDial 1 is Red.  "Home" SpDial 2 is Green.  I don't know if this gives me any info.

pc44

pjjs,

Assuming your "Home" OBi Endpoint is the one at your home, I would then say your OBi is currently powered on and online.  If you only own one OBi, then I imagine we are talking about the same OBi! :)

pc44

pjjs

I do have only one Obi.   

If I can cause a voice mail message in my G-Mail to be created, will that prove the Obi is powered on?

jimates

Quote from: pjjs on July 02, 2012, 08:54:05 AM
I do have only one Obi.  

If I can cause a voice mail message in my G-Mail to be created, will that prove the Obi is powered on?
No, from the Obitalk portal go to the Expert Config and check the call history. It will show the last 10 calls that came into the Obi, even if they were not answered. If it is offline it will tell you that it cannot obtain the info because it is offline.

Or, if you use the Obion app at all you can launch it on your phone or pc. If your Obi is not online, the Obion app will not successfully log in.

pjjs

Thanks for the idea.  I have a dumb question now.  I down loaded the PC app and installed it.  What is my userID for that app if I am using it for the first time?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.