News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Busy Signal when trying to dial other Obi endpoints.

Started by wahiggins3, January 09, 2012, 07:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wahiggins3

I have been truckin' along great with my Obi100 for many months now.  At some point over the holidays my Obi100 lost the ability to dial other endpoints.  I can't even dial the test number:  **9 222 222 222.  All I get is a busy signal.  I can dial other regular numbers via Google Voice, and I can receive calls from Google Voice through my Obi.  I logged a ticket but, Obi Support hasn't been able to correct the issue yet.  I figured I would post to see if anyone had this issue in the past. 

I just tried to reset the device and that doesn't seem to help.  Also, I was able to test different phones connected to the Obi and also different Internet connections.  So far nothing works.

earthtoobi

i had the same issue yesterday when i could not dial my usual endpoint that i call almost every week. **9 222222222 also gave a 404
Obitalk status says Normal.

wahiggins3

Are you still having the issue?  I have fully reset my device and I am still having issues.

FrankD

Any update on this?  i deployed an obi in the Philippines this week and i just started getting 404 when i call it via **9.  calling it via **1 (google voice) is still working.

RonR

FrankD,

Can you reach the echo test? : **9 222 222 222

If so, then the most likely reasons for a busy would be:

1. You're dialing the wrong OBiTALK number.

2. The OBi whose OBiTALK number you're dialing is not connected to the Internet.

You say you can reach the remote OBi via **1 (Google Voice).  Do you mean the remote OBi has a Google Voice account configured on it and you're calling the remote OBi's Google Voice number?  If so, that would seem to indicate it's connected to the Internet.

If you can configure the remote OBi, temporarily add an Auto Attendant rule to the beginning of its SP1 (Goolge Voice) InboundCallRoute to:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> InboundCallRoute : {aa},...

Then call the remote OBi's Google Voice number.  When you reach the remote OBi's Auto Attendant, try calling **9 222 222 222.  If this works, try calling your local OBi's OBiTALK number from the remote OBi's Auto Attendant.

FrankD

RonR

My obi is ok.  calling echo test is good.  calling remote obi via speed dial 3 (pp(ob20148yxxx)) results in a 404 message.

Remote obi shows offline in the obitalk web page.  I was told that when they start to dial the echo test **9 they get "no service".  Calling me via speed dial 4 (using GV - sp1(number)) works, and I can call them using GV.

When the remote obi is rebooted, it shows online via the web page, and it works as expected.  It will probably go offline within several hours (I'll confirm that later) and will be back to step 1.

Hopefully I'll get remote access this weekend for further testing.