News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Telephone-IVR-Based Local Configuration Password Protection

Started by RonR, February 25, 2011, 05:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

If a password protected device configuration item is selected, the IVR prompts for a password, but then returns to the main menu without processing the configuration request.

RonR

This problem was not corrected and is 100% reproducible in Software Version : 1.3.0 (Build: 2586)

ShermanObi

Password protection / configuration modification appears to be working fine. 
Please be more specific on what item(s) you are trying to modify.
Thank you

RonR

It's as I described in several emails back on March 7, 2011:

1. Dial *** to reach the Device Configuration Menu.

2. Press 6 (or any password protected configuration item).

3. Enter password when prompted.

4. The requested configuration item (6 in this example) is ignored/lost and you're back at the Main Menu.  Any password protected configuration item has to be requested twice.

The same problem occurs if you key ahead (***6), making it a waste of time to do so as once you enter the password, your request is ignored/lost and you have to enter it again.

As I illustrated in my emails last March, it's a terribly easy problem to fix:

The OBi110 simply needs to call a password-check subroutine before processing any Selection request.  If the subroutine returns FALSE, the Selection request is ignored and the IVR terminates.  If the subroutine returns TRUE, then the Selection request is processed.  The password-check subroutine logic would be:

1. If the Selection request is not IVR password protected, return TRUE.

2. If a valid password has already been entered during this IVR session, return TRUE.

3. Prompt for and accept the IVR password.

4. If the correct IVR password was entered (allow three attempts), return TRUE, else return FALSE.

There's no need to require the user to make the desired Selection request a second time after having to first enter the IVR password.

ShermanObi

Thank you for clarifying the current behavior and your implementation suggestion. 

infin8loop

Sheeesh, RonR does everything but code the firmware for you. 
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher