News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP 2 Service does not save UserName

Started by TSellers, January 12, 2012, 01:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSellers

I've been trying to setup SP2 Service to register with my voip.ms account (Google is on 1).

OBi110:
All the fields filled in with my account settings, according the the voip.ms Wiki for setting up OBi110.

Under SIP Credentials I enter my AuthUSerName and Password, hit submit, and the change is there. I then reboot, and it tells me on the status page there is an authentication error. I go back to the SIP Credentials and the UserName is missing: the line is blank and the default box is once again checked. Is this what is supposed to happen? If so I assume it happens because one of the other settings has caused the Authorization error, and when that happens the ATA just goes back to defaults? I would have expected that even if some other setting was out of whatck it would still save my AuthUserName setting.

Stewart

If you are entering this info by accessing the OBi with your browser, you must first set (under System Management->Auto Provisioning) ITSP Povisioning->Method to Disabled and OBiTalk Provisioning->Method to Disabled.  Thereafter, all changes must be made at the OBi.

If you want to make future changes via OBiTALK, you can re-enable provisioning, but that will wipe out any changes you made locally.

TSellers

Thanks very much for that Stewart, I wasn't expecting such a quick reply. I followed those instructions and indeed when I rebooted the change to my settings held after I rebooted.

Although now I see a 'Backing Off (741s):Authentication error' message in SP2 Service Status, as least now I can discount the SIP2 SIP Credentials as being the problem and carry on with troubleshooting the rest of the settings again. That same account is currently working through a Linksys PAP2T so it's probably some simple setting somewhere that I have overlooked.

Thanks again, the help was much appreciated!

Stewart

If your PAP2T is currently online, make sure that the OBi is using a different sub-account; VoIP.ms does not permit multiple simultaneous registrations with the same credentials.

Next, if you entered your credentials by copy and paste, make sure that you didn't accidentally get a trailing space or other discrepancy.

Possibly, your router is causing trouble because of a broken ALG or a port conflict; try changing ProxyServerPort and RegistrarServerPort from 5060 to 5080, and/or changing X_UserAgentPort from 5061 to 5071 .

TSellers

Thanks again for that. I had forgotten about the dual ATA conflict, in fact I think you may have pointed that out to me already last year when I was trying to get Freephoneline and voip.ms on the Obi when voip.ms was already running on the PAP2T. If I recall eventually at that time I could get SIP1 to work, but never could get SIP2. That was after shutting down the PAP2T and still not being able to register SIP2, so I shelved the Obi until today when I put GV on it.

Indeed I was trying to get it onto the same sub account that was being registered by the PAP2T. So I moved the Obi over to the main DID account this time. As I was already on port 5080 (because I was playing around trying to improve CSipSimple over WiFI and Android on 5060), I did not have to change that (voip.ms is also on 5080 on the PAP2T). When I went to change X_UserAgentPort I noticed X_KeepAliveServerPort was still on 5060 so I changed that to 5080, and did the other to 5071 as well. But alas no luck. I think after I get some shut-eye later today I will try to shut off the PAP2T completely and see if it makes a difference with getting it going.

I'm also batteling a weird issue with CSipSimple apparently not waking up fast enough on Android as the first call the voip.ms server thinks the device is not registered and sends the call to voice mail, then if you call back a minute later, it has woken up and will answer it. ANyway that's another matter completly, and thanks again for all the terrific help!

Stewart

If you don't find anything obvious, set up syslog and set X_SipDebugOption and see what error, if any, VoIP.ms is really sending.  If it's indeed a har 401 or 407, check whether the REGISTER request has the correct user ID and auth ID.

If you still have trouble, please report: modem make/model?  Separate router, if any?  Any special settings (port forwarding, etc.)?

TSellers

Thanks. I unplugged the Linksys ATA and tried rebooting the Obi, but same result. Had a look at Syslog and it asks me for a value for the 'Syslog' Servers. Would that be the IP of the ATA? I entered that anyway as a guess, but I'm not sure where you'd view the logs?

Stewart

The value of Syslog->Server should be the local IP address of your PC.  You can run a syslog server, or capture the traffic with Wireshark.  I prefer the latter, because you can easily configure it to parse the syslog messages as SIP.

TSellers

Thanks for that again.

I installed Wireshark and tried various settings after going through the manual. Ran the capture while the ATA was rebooting. Tried to filter just for the IP of the ATA but got thousands of lines for every IP on the planet. In the end I had a pcap file that was useless, tried again using a UDP filter and this time could not even see the IP of the ATA listed. Finally it was doing my head in, so I figure it's time to go for a workout, then perhaps try it again a bit later....

Stewart

Just type "syslog" (without the quotes) into the Filter box and click Apply.

For further refinement, select a SIP packet, right-click and choose Decode As.  On the Transport tab, choose destination (514) and in the right-hand pane, select SIP.  Click OK.   Now, change the Filter to "sip" (without quotes) and hit Apply.  You should now see only the SIP conversation.

When you select a SIP packet, if you expand Session Initiation Protocol and then Message Header, you should see everything beautifully parsed.

TSellers

Thanks. Came back and thought I'd give it another shot. When I type syslog and hit apply, it blanks the screen. If I save as a pcap file and try to work the rest, when on the Transport tab, choose destination is not (514), it shows a longer number as the only option. At this point it's looking rather hopeless due to my inability to wrap my head around it, but I certainly appreciate all the help regardless!

TSellers

I thought I'd give everything a try and start from scratch. I did a hard reset on the device, and made sure the latest firmware was installed. I went into the Obi dashboard and added:
Service Provider 1 Google Voiceâ„¢ Account     
Service Provider 2 voip.ms Account
Both said they were added successfully.

I also followed the voip.ms WIki and setup Profile B with my account settings.
If I go into Profile A I see 'Google Voice'
In Profile B the server settings were overwritten after adding to dashboard, so I re-add them.

In the status after a reboot in SP1 status I get 'Authentication error'
In SP2 I get 'Registered'

Now it is the opposite of the previous problem in that it seems to be connected to the voip.ms service, but not Google.

If I connect the phone to Phone port I get a 'no service' message. If I connect to Line port it is dead.

Is there something obvious I have done wrong?

RonR

Each SP (SP1 and SP2) have an X_ServProvProfile setting that specifies which ITSP Profile to use.

Typically, SP1 is set to use ITSP Profile A and SP2 is set to use ITSP Profile B.

Check both SP1 and SP2 X_ServProvProfile settings to make sure they're pointing to the desired profile.

TSellers

Thanks for the head's up.

Under 'Voice Services' I checked SP1 and SP2 Service settings. 1 points to 'A' and 2 points to 'B'

After I did a reboot I watched the status screen and I see SP1 was trying to connect to what appeared to be the Google VOice IP, before it went to 'Authentication Error'. Am I somehow now presenting the wrong credientials to Google Voice from the ATA in spite of a successful registration on the portal dashboard?

RonR

Quote from: TSellers on January 28, 2012, 12:46:53 PM
Am I somehow now presenting the wrong credientials to Google Voice from the ATA in spite of a successful registration on the portal dashboard?

Only the settings that make it to the OBi iself count.  Have you tried logging into the OBi directly and setting the proper credentials there?  That would answer the question of whether the OBiTALK Web Portal is configuring the OBi with the wrong credentials.

If you elect to do any configuration to the OBi directly, you must set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

TSellers

Thanks, I think you guessed it. I was able to get Google working after I noticed that the Default box was still checked for password even though the user name had been added, so I unticked it and added my Google password and now it works.

What does not work is the Line port. It says it is registered in the status screen. If I connect the phone to it, it is dead. As I have never been able to make that port work since I got the device last year, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps it's faulty?

RonR

It appears the Obihai servers are still malfunctioning at the moment.  That could very well be the reason you are getting unreliable configuration results from the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Configuring the OBi directly is always 100% reliable.

RonR

Quote from: TSellers on January 28, 2012, 12:58:56 PM
What does not work is the Line port. It says it is registered in the status screen. If I connect the phone to it, it is dead. As I have never been able to make that port work since I got the device last year, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps it's faulty?

You cannot connect a phone to the LINE Port.  The LINE Port is intended to be connected to a telephone company PSTN line.

TSellers

Oh I see, I was under the wrong impression. For some reason I thought I could use 2 voip accounts with it. Thanks for the clarification.

RonR

Quote from: TSellers on January 28, 2012, 01:11:56 PM
Oh I see, I was under the wrong impression. For some reason I thought I could use 2 voip accounts with it.

You can use two VoIP service providers (Google Voice and/or SIP) on an OBi, plus a landline (PSTN line), plus the OBiTALK Service.  They are all accessed through the PHONE Port.

One of them is the default PrimaryLine.  The others can be selected by prefixing the number with:

**1  ->  SP1 Service
**2  ->  SP2 Sevvice
**8  ->  LINE Port
**9  ->  OBiTALK Service.