News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 picks up phone on second call every time with fax tone

Started by ddalton, January 16, 2012, 03:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddalton

I have NO fax devices on the phone line and the 3cx system it connects to has no fax services enables ( I turned them all off)  yet If I call once to the obi,  the ivr picks up,  the second time I call a fax tone comes on?How can I disable this feature?

RonR

I can't believe the fax tone is coming from the OBi.  You need to look elsewhere for that.

Which trunk on the OBi are you calling when the Auto Attendant answers (you do mean the OBi Auto Attendant when you say IVR, correct)?  Are you wanting to have the incoming calls ring the OBi PHONE Port instead?

ddalton

I have tried the built in ivr (removing the attached 3cx box)  the ph port and the fax continues to pick up... I am not sure what could be the issue,  my POTS provider is at&t,  they say its not them and when I disconnect the obi completely it doesnt pick up the fax.

ddalton

Actually I was incorrect,  it appears to be something with windows or the 3cx system... I directed all calls through the ph port and got no fax tone when the computer was off,  but when it was on a fax tone came on..  I cannot figure this out at all

RonR

If you'd like any meaningful help, you'll need to describe your lashup there and what you're trying to accomplish with it.

ddalton

It turns out the reason I couldnt find this issue it was it turned out to be the alarm system.  Thanks for your help