News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to set up 3 voip account?

Started by QuestionByJohn, January 16, 2012, 04:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuestionByJohn

I am using google voice as sp1 and one voip acoount as sp2. Is there any way could add one more voip account for incoming? many thanks

RonR

If the incoming DID does not require SIP registration, simply have it forwarded to:

<anything>@hostname_or_IP_address:5061

You will need to forward ports 5060 - 5061 to your OBi in your router.

If the provider/DID requires SIP registration, it would have to be configured on SP1 or SP2.

QuestionByJohn

Thanks, Could you explain in detail how to "forward"? I am new guy in Obi, didn't remember I have set up router for using OBI.

RonR

There should be a section in your router called Port Forwarding (not triggered port forwarding).  It will want a port or range of ports.  Use 5060 - 5061.  It will want a protocol (TCP/UDP/Both).  Use Both.  It will want a destination IP address to forward to.  Set it to your OBi's LAN IP address.  If there's an optional name field, call it SIP.

larrybob

What are the reasons you would want a third incoming number. I understand the obi can bridge up to four calls at once. Some DID numbers can handle many more than 4 incoming calls simultaneously.  ( some only one , and as I understand it Google Voice can handle 2 incoming at a time.) Larry