News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 (new unit) power cycles

Started by garyw, January 19, 2012, 11:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyw

Hi,

I'm a new OBi user.  I installed my OBi and updated the firmware.  I then set it up to work with Google Voice and CallCentric (for 911).  It seems to work, but it is constantly power cycling.  About every 15 - 20 seconds, the green solid power light goes red.  Then it will blink green a few seconds later and become solid green again.  This is the light to the far left on the unit.  The cycle continues again and again.

All of the connections are tight.

It does this with the phone cord plugged in and unplugged.

I've tried using a different cable connecting the unit to my wireless router.  That didn't help either.  I've also tried different inputs on the wireless router, again to no avail.

Interestingly, the unit doesn't power cycle when I unplug the ethernet cable.  The light simply blinks green.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

RonR

With the Ethernet cable unplugged (so the OBi doesn't repeatedly reboot), try this:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

otherwhirl

Hi,

I notice my Obi 110 (about 4months old) also randomly (I think, not sure if this is server-side related or not)

Should I follow your recommendation as well?

Quote from: RonR on January 19, 2012, 10:40:01 PM
With the Ethernet cable unplugged (so the OBi doesn't repeatedly reboot), try this:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

RonR

Quote from: otherwhirl on January 20, 2012, 04:27:32 AM

There's no risk as you can reverse it by using a value of 0 in step 4.

otherwhirl

Quote from: RonR on January 20, 2012, 08:45:32 AM
Quote from: otherwhirl on January 20, 2012, 04:27:32 AM

There's no risk as you can reverse it by using a value of 0 in step 4.

Gonna try shortly.

Why does this happen in the first place?  I have noticed this quite frequently. Heck even in the past 24hrs it has happened at least 5-10 times (that i've counted...)