News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

caller ID and hookflash work intermittendly during call waiting

Started by lk96, January 24, 2012, 02:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lk96

My obi110 has its LINE port connected to a Vonage adapter.

I have noticed that with the Obi110 inserted between the PHONE and the Vonage adapter
I have two issues when I receive calls over the pseudo-LINE interface that comes from Vonage.

1. The flash doesn't seem to work reliably at all not to say it hardly switches lines
during call waiting.

2. Caller ID during call wait works some times but again not deterministically.

It seems that if I change the setting of:
PHYSICAL interfaces -> PHONE -> Hookflashhandling to "send hookflash to PSTN",
things improve a lot and I could switch between calls (at least it worked 5/5 attempts during
a specific call).
But if it is set to the default that is "handle hookflash locally", it almost never switches the incoming lines.
I experimented also lowering the min hookflash duration to 30ms. But this change itself
made no difference.

CAller ID detection is set to 4secs and after the 1st ring. Caller ID works reliably during the
1st incoming call but only intermittently during call waiting.

Has anyone else had difficulties with either of the two issues above?
Any words of wisdom on correcting them (beside the fix mentioned above)?

thanks

L.

jimates

when set to "handle locally" the hookflash is used for ITSP1 & 2. In order to send the hookflash to the PSTN you must hookflash 2 times, not one.

lk96

thanks. At  least that explains why when i'd press few times flash, I occasionally switched the PSTN line.

L.

Novice

Can anyone confirm if the following is true for an OBI110?

if I set PHYSICAL interfaces -> PHONE -> Hookflashhandling to "send hookflash to PSTN"

• call waiting will work when I'm using my PSTN line initially AND I get an incoming call on my PSTN line.
  • call waiting will not work whatsoever if I'm using my SP1/SP2 initally regardless of which line the incoming call is on
  • call waiting will not work whatsoever if the incoming call is on SP1/SP2, even if I'm using my PSTN line initially

But call waiting can work perfectly between all 3 lines (PSTN, SP1, SP2) provided that I set Hookflashhandling to "handle locally", and if the incoming call is on the PSTN line, I need to press the flash button twice.
It should work regardless of which line I'm using initially, and regardless of which line the incoming call comes in on.

Also, will it be obvious which line the incoming call is on, so that I will know if I need to press flash twice or only once?

True of False?

lk96

Quote from: Novice on January 01, 2013, 07:16:25 PM
Can anyone confirm if the following is true for an OBI110?

if I set PHYSICAL interfaces -> PHONE -> Hookflashhandling to "send hookflash to PSTN"

• call waiting will work when I'm using my PSTN line initially AND I get an incoming call on my PSTN line.
I can confirm that this will work. And as per my initial post, the two-flash approach
was not working at all for me.

• call waiting will not work whatsoever if I'm using my SP1/SP2 initally regardless of which line the incoming call is on
  • call waiting will not work whatsoever if the incoming call is on SP1/SP2, even if I'm using my PSTN line initially

I can't give you feedback on these two as I never had that need: my SPxx are outgoing
mostly and don't have an incoming DID.

But call waiting can work perfectly between all 3 lines (PSTN, SP1, SP2) provided that I set Hookflashhandling to "handle locally", and if the incoming call is on the PSTN line, I need to press the flash button twice.
It should work regardless of which line I'm using initially, and regardless of which line the incoming call comes in on.

Also, will it be obvious which line the incoming call is on, so that I will know if I need to press flash twice or only once?

True of False?

I don't believe that you get any visual indication on which line the call is coming through.
But one idea would be to associate different ring tones for different services/lines.

As a side note: caller ID *during* call waiting still is very flaky (not to say it doesn't show
up most times).

L.