News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Horrible Audio & choppy

Started by mnjeepmale, January 24, 2012, 11:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnjeepmale

We can't even use our Obi110 as when we get calls it sounds like we are using dialup internet. It's so bad that were not sure what to do. This just started happening about a week ago. Nothing has changed with our network or internet. Power cycled Obi110, router & modem. Speedtest shows the no change in our internet speed. We use cable modem. I have even update the Obi to the latest firmware version. 4 phones connected in the house to the Obi and all sound the same.
Should I do a factory reset?
Any suggestions?

Stewart

Quote from: mnjeepmale on January 24, 2012, 11:29:01 PM... when we get calls it sounds like we are using dialup internet ...
When you make calls, is it ok?  Does the problem affect GV?  a SIP provider (which one)?  OBiTALK?  Does the dial tone sound choppy?  Is the choppy voice heard by you, the remote party, or both?  If GV is affected, are calls made from Gmail also bad?  If SIP is affected, do you have the same problem with a softphone?

If there is not trouble with the affected provider(s) when connecting via another device, trying a factory reset is a good idea.  If you are provisioning the device directly (not via OBiTALK), you should back up your configuration, so you can easily restore it after the reset.

umike

I have the same, problem, sound bad on both ends.

vkovac

I have same problem.
I thought that Gain is problem. But setting up to the lowest value (-12) didn't make any difference and also did not lower gain (Tx or Rx). It was still loud!!!
I also thought that i missed DSCP settings for RTP, but no...

On the end I managed to get clear sound on one end, but now I do not hear other end or i hear every other word and even that word is cut on half.

Very annoing

danaflo

I experienced a degrading call quality myself. What I discovered was that my Comcast internet speed was erratic. Especially the upload speed. It was great for about 8 months then went downhill. Download speed is not everything, upload speed is just as important. I eventually switched to att uverse and though thier internet is not as fast, their quality of service is great and consistant. Cable internet can and will degrade at different times of  the day. Check your upload speed and consistancy.