News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice - Issue with incoming calls and dial tone at end of call

Started by mendel, January 26, 2012, 06:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mendel

Phone rings but call does not come through

Someone leaving a message on the answering machine... and dial tone comes up after they hang up before the answering machine disconnects (never had this issue with Vonage)

Stewart

Quote from: mendel on January 26, 2012, 06:59:25 PM
This is likely a router issue.  Approximate percentage of calls affected?  On a failing call, what does caller hear?  What do you hear?  Is there audio in either direction?

Someone leaving a message on the answering machine... and dial tone comes up after they hang up before the answering machine disconnects (never had this issue with Vonage)
Make sure that your answering machine is set to detect CPC.

In Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Timers, try increasing CPCDuration from 500 to 2000.

mendel

Quote from: Stewart on January 26, 2012, 07:42:44 PM
This is likely a router issue.  Approximate percentage of calls affected?  On a failing call, what does caller hear?  What do you hear?  Is there audio in either direction?
Not sure what the caller hears... my wife either hears a dial-tone... or nothing... and then hangs up...

Happened quite a few times this week... both when ringing on the google voice line... or when I changed it to only ring on the Vonage line (which is plugged into the telco port (I have the Obi 110)

Quote from: Stewart on January 26, 2012, 07:42:44 PM
Make sure that your answering machine is set to detect CPC.

In Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> Timers, try increasing CPCDuration from 500 to 2000.

I have a Panasonic cordless answering phone system... I don't think there is an option to change anything to detect CPC.

I made the other change.

mendel

I resolved the dial tone at the end of the call (HT: Stewart)

But I'm still having issues with some incoming calls. Any setting I should use?

Also if offline is there anyway to make incoming calls to reroute to the line port?

Thanks!