News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie Question --- Obi and Landline

Started by onyxlinkia, January 28, 2012, 10:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onyxlinkia

Hi! I just set up my obi110. I stil haven't cancelled my phone landline, which I will pretty soon. My question is that I'm connecting landline thru the obi device, when I make a phone call, which one does it go thru? I meant does it use the landline or VOIP?

Thanks.

Stewart

Which line is used is determined by your setting for Primary Line for the PHONE Port.  If you have not changed the setting, it's the landline.

If you're not sure, you can call your cell phone and see what number is displayed, or call 1-800-437-7950 and you will hear your number spoken.

You can force a call to use whatever service you have for SP1 (usually Google Voice) by dialing **1 before the number.

You can force a call to use whatever service you have for SP2 (usually a SIP service) by dialing **2 before the number.

You can force a call to use the landline by dialing **8 before the number.

onyxlinkia

Stewart,

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't changed any of the settings.

I called the 800 number and my cellphone, both showed the google voice number, I guess I'm good to make some free phone calls now:)