News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi and PBX

Started by baby007, January 29, 2012, 12:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baby007

Hi, I  have a regular PBX (the very basic one about 10 years old) to control 8 phones at home (from 101-108). If I want the Obi can be used by each room and whenever I am not at home (using a cellphone), where should I connect it to the PBX? I have Obi 110.
Thanks guys  ;D

Stewart

In general, you can connect the OBi PHONE port to an available "CO line" or "loop-start trunk" port of a PBX.  It may also be useful to connect the OBi LINE port to an available analog "station", "extension", or "SLT" port of your PBX.

For a better answer, please post: Make and model of PBX?  Number of lines connected?  Will you be dropping one or more when you connect the OBi?  Do you have "system phones" (lighted button for each line, dedicated buttons for hold, transfer, etc.), standard phones (dial 9 for outside line, dial codes to access PBX features, etc.), or a combination?  Does your PBX have an auto-attendant?  Voicemail?

Also, please describe any special functions you would like the new system to perform, e.g. allow a caller to your GV number to ring a specific room.