News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Line port question

Started by takahirata, January 29, 2012, 04:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

takahirata

I have Service Provider 1 set up as google voice.

I would like to use line port as 911/ secondary outbound and connect to my ooma that I have from Obi110.

In addition, if people call my ooma number(different from google voice #), I do NOT want inbound call to ring my obi110 connected phone.

I just want to use line port to use ooma as outbound call only, and not inbound call.

It this possible to do?

Stewart

If InboundCallRoute for the LINE port is set to (blank), then incoming calls from Ooma will be ignored by the OBi.

If you set PrimaryLine for the PONE port to SP1 and leave the OutboundCallRoute at its default value, then normal calls will go via SP1, 911 calls will go via Ooma, you can press # to get dial tone from the Ooma, and numbers prefixed by **8 will go via Ooma.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on January 29, 2012, 05:11:14 AM
If InboundCallRoute for the LINE port is set to (blank), then incoming calls from Ooma will be ignored by the OBi.

A blank InboundCallRoute implies ph.  To ignore all incoming calls on a particular trunk, set its InboundCallRoute to : {}

Stewart

Quote from: RonR on January 29, 2012, 05:49:52 AMA blank InboundCallRoute implies ph.  To ignore all incoming calls on a particular trunk, set its InboundCallRoute to : {}

Thanks for the tip.  Do the "ignored" calls get logged in Call History?

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on January 29, 2012, 05:55:17 AM
Do the "ignored" calls get logged in Call History?

No, there's no record of them.

takahirata

Thank you all.  It looks like it is working.  BTW, how can we test 911 call?

takahirata

Thank you all.  I was able to test 911 call and this set up works very well.  No incoming call, but 911 call out does work for Line port.