News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 with 2b hk

Started by chuliu, January 29, 2012, 05:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuliu

Hi I have obi 110 and I am based in Hong Kong.  I have set up a 2b account (sip provider and DID no) on my ITPS1 and iptel on my ITPS2.  However, if dial the 2b DID no, I hear the dial menu saying 1 to continue the call, 2 to dial another no, and 3 to input a callback no.  If I then go on to press 1, nothing happens.  It ignores my key press.  How come?

lk96

The auto-response you hear is that of the Obi auto-attendant. The question
is whether you reached your own AA or someone else's Obi AA accidentally.

How do you dial the number? do you prefix it by "**1" so that it goes out on SP1?
How many digits is actually the number you are dialing ?

L.

chuliu

As I explained I set up sip1 to a hk sip, that is the no I dial from my mobile.

Stewart

When you call the 2b number and the DTMF doesn't work, the AA should play the menu three times and then ring the PHONE port anyhow.  Does the phone eventually ring?  If so, when you answer, is there audio in both directions?

If not, please explain in detail what you hear on both ends.

If the audio path works (it's just the keypresses that don't), try setting (in ITSP Profile A -> General) DTMFMethod to InBand.  Also try RFC2833.  If neither works, it's possible that 2b doesn't pass DTMF on incoming calls at all.  In that case, please explain what you are trying to do overall (call out on iptel, get a callback, etc.) and I'll try to suggest a workaround.

chuliu

The call went through and also did the audio.  Just the key press didn't.
I think what I am trying to do is to get other people to call my sip2(iptel) and then using sip1(2b) to call me on my hk mobile.  I should have registered another iptel account and using other device to call the sip2 on my obi 110, and then try to call my mobile using sip1 from there.  But I hesitated to register a second iptel and went on to test it with the 2b no. 

I tried to call using obion from my iphone and the key press went through.  I, therefore, assume the iptel would, too.  On the other hand, since the 2b doesn't pass DTMF, does it mean I cannot place calls using my sip2 by calling to my 2b no? 

Stewart

Did you try changing the setting for DTMFMethod?  If that didn't help, you might try a softphone on hk2b (with the OBi shut down), to see whether the problem passing DTMF is at the hk2b end.  If it is, inbound DTMF might work on outbound calls, in which case you could use callback.

To test calling in to your iptel account, you shouldn't have to register another one, because I believe that they will accept unregistered calls.  Just set up your device or softphone to not register, then call your own number.

If you get a free Callcentric account and an iNum DID for it, you can set the DID to forward to your iptel.org SIP URI.  You can then call the iNum HK access number from your mobile (+85258080177).  At the prompt, dial the last nine digits of your iNum DID, followed by #, and it should ring your OBi.  Once that's working, get a Localphone account, register your mobile number, and set up the iNum as a contact.  Then, you'll have a local HK number that will ring directly to SP2 on your OBi.