News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Started by claude, January 30, 2012, 03:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claude

;)on obiltak it show my offline ! but everythings work %100 why does it show that?
claude

RonR

Quote from: claude on January 30, 2012, 03:36:45 AM
;)on obiltak it show my offline ! but everythings work %100 why does it show that?

The status shown on the OBiTALK Web Portal is unreliable.  For accurate status, log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  This will display the OBi's Main Status page which is accurate information.

jimates

It is obvious it is online if everything is working, without having to log into the device to confirm it.

But the status on the Obitalk portal often shows offline when it is not.

RonR

The online/offline status shown on the OBiTALK Web Portal relates ONLY to the ability of the OBiTALK Web Portal to configure the OBi.

The online/offline status shown on the OBiTALK Web Portal has absolutely no relationship to the actual operational status of the OBi or one's ability to configure it directly.

ProfTech

Could also be related to the upgrade to the Obitalk server(s) that Obihai made a week or so ago. I had three devices on the network and confirmed that all three of them had issues with Obitalk after the upgrade. The only way to clear the issues was to delete the device from the Obitalk portal and re-add them. Be advised, however that doing so may take over your Obi and introduce changes to it that you may not want. Unless you need to have remote control of an Obi device there really isn't a need to have it listed on the portal at all.

larrybob

I need to program am Obi box in Brazil. It is showing off line....I do not want to loose all my programing on the box. If I deactivate the box, and add it again what will happen to the programming? Larry

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on January 30, 2012, 02:43:06 PM
I need to program am Obi box in Brazil. It is showing off line....I do not want to loose all my programing on the box. If I deactivate the box, and add it again what will happen to the programming?

Removing an OBi and re-adding it to the OBiTALK Web Portal will erase your entire configuration on the OBiTALK Web Portal and in the OBi, even if Auto Provisioning is disabled in the OBi.

larrybob

That is what I was afraid of.... I will have them re-boot the device,,, I will see if this will fix the problem.. I have a trouble ticket in also..

Larry

larrybob

The reboot did the trick..  now showing on Line.! Larry

ProfTech

If all you need to know is if the unit is offline or not I think you should be Ok. In the case of my 3 units, the "online/offline" mechanism seemed to still work. However, the remote unit would not respond to any changes in the expert mode configuration. I confirmed this by making a simple change and adding a "Dummy" User Digit Map. Neither one of 2 units would reboot. So if you ever need to make any changes in the future, you may be out of luck.