News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 damaged by lightning?

Started by mcarroll, January 30, 2012, 11:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcarroll

I'm using an Obi110 in Brazil.

A few days ago, a storm passed through and knocked out local phone service for half an hour. Since then we haven't been able to use the Obi110.

With our Vtech phone connected to the Obi110, the phone's display reads "NO LINE", and no calls go in or out over GV or the local telco.

However, all the Obi110 LEDs seem to be doing their thing. The Obi dashboard says my status is "online-unmanaged".

How do I get my Obi back?

RonR

First verify that the telephone set you have connected to the OBi PHONE Port is operational.  Plug it into your local phone service and make sure both the telephone set and your local phone service are working properly.

Then try cycling the power to the OBi.  Leave it disconnected for several seconds.

If this doesn't restore it, try resetting the OBi to factory defaults.  Do this by inserting a paper-clip through the hole in the bottom that has a circle around it.  Hold the reset button depressed for at least 30 seconds.  Once the OBi reboots, see if you have dialtone and can call the echo test at **9 222 222 222.

mcarroll

The telephone works fine when corrected directly to the local phone service.

Cycling power to the OBi hasn't resolved the issue.

And resetting to factory defaults also yields no dial tone. Echo test does not work either.  :-/

RonR

An unconfigured OBi at factory defaults with nothing connected to it but a working telephone set should have dialtone.  If you can't get dialtone from the OBi under those conditions, the OBi is probably defective.

mcarroll

That's what I was afraid of.  :-/

Thank you for your help.