News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

specific configuration with 2 GV numbers - possible ?

Started by vtsnaab, January 31, 2012, 05:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

Hi Folks.
I recently got a 2nd GV number so I don't have to give out the one which rings on my OBi110.
I know the OBi will handle 2 numbers, and my query goes beyond that - I hope this is possible:

• The #1 number will always remain the incoming, ringing number
  • The #2 number is to be used for ALL outgoing calls
  • The #2 number NEVER rings, always goes directly to VM, preferably after just 1 ring...

This way the ONLY folks having my ringing number are those I wish to have it and my caller ID always shows the non-ringing number so that any random incoming calls do not disturb me if I'm asleep, but they can leave a VM which I'll get later.

If this is possible, how do I go about setting it up, please ?

Thanks !

PS: I tried searching to see if there is already mention of this, but was unable to describe it well enough to get my answer, so I am asking...I hope that's OK.

RonR

Quote from: vtsnaab on January 31, 2012, 05:15:53 PM
The #1 number will always remain the incoming, ringing number

This will happen by default.

The #2 number is to be used for ALL outgoing calls

Set this trunk (SP1 or SP2) as your PrimaryLine:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : (SP1 Service/SP2 Service)

The #2 number NEVER rings, always goes directly to VM, preferably after just 1 ring...

Accomplish this on your Google Voice account settings.  Set the Ring Schedule on the Google Chat phone to Never Ring on Weekdays plus Never Ring on Weekends.

vtsnaab

EXCELLENT!
Thank You RonR - and may I ask a stupid question too ?

Does 'PrimaryLine' = outgoing exclusively ?

The rest makes perfect sense to me and I'm now ready to set up my 2nd number, which is great.

Your help is hugely appreciated !!!

Edit:
All set up now - just right too.

RonR

Quote from: vtsnaab on January 31, 2012, 05:38:37 PM
Does 'PrimaryLine' = outgoing exclusively ?

Yes, PrimaryLine affects outgoing calls only.  By default, incoming calls on any trunk ring the PHONE Port.

vtsnaab

Thank You !!!