News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV won't call obi from registered mobile

Started by brookefox, February 01, 2012, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brookefox

Obi 100 working OK, but for this annoying detail. We use my wife's google account for our Obi GV. I had listed two mobile numbers on our GV settings page for possible call forwarding when we wanted it, but they were inactive. Even so, when my wife tried to call our Obi-GV home number GV would invariably ask her to enter her PIN to access her account and would not connect whether she did or not. The only way to bypass this and allow her to call home was to delete her mobile number from GV.

RonR

If you've done the following and the problem continues, you'll probably get better answers on the Google Voice forum:

In advanced settings for your cell phone number in your Google Voice account, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

brookefox

Thanks. I'll try it. 

Here's how in case anyone else doesn't know... I didn't until searching...

Google Voice > ⚙ (gear icon) > Voice Settings > Phones > edit [your phone name] > show advanced settings > Voicemail access > Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone > NO

jimates

If you click on your phone number on the lower left it will go straight to the phones page.