News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No voice in calls

Started by kateo, February 05, 2012, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kateo

I set up my obi with google voice a month ago. and it was working great. Then last week, it stopped working. The phone rings, but there is no voice. The person on the other hand can't hear me, and I can't hear them. When I make a call, the phone rings, but again....no voice! Any ideas what's going on?

RonR

Have you made any changes related to your router?

If possible, temporarily bypass your router to determine if it's the source of your problem.  Connect the OBi directly to your modem.  Power-cycle both he OBi and the modem after the direct connection and verify that you can still successfully call the echo test at **9 222 222 222.  Then try some calls through Google Voice.

If the problem goes away, your router is likely the culprit.  If not, the router isn't the source of the problem.

Nazim

I am facing the exact same issue, when my brother calls me using his laptop/google voice.
This was working fine till last week, now every time he calls the phone(connected to obi110) rings but there is no voice after I answer the phone. The Echo test works as is, without touching any of the networking.

MichiganTelephone

Although this is simply putting a bandage on the problem rather than fixing it, you may want to consider this:

How to use the Simon Telephonics Google Voice gateway with an Obihai device to provide Caller ID Name on incoming Google Voice calls

My guess is that whatever's causing your audio to disappear might not affect a SIP connection to the gateway server.  Might be worth a shot if you can't fix the problem any other way.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.