News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Duplicating Configration form an OBi110 to a second OBi 110

Started by larrybob, February 07, 2012, 12:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I would like to duplicated the configuration form an OBI100 to other obi110's. I know I can cut and paste, and save in a text file, but this method i2 prone to the creation of errors.
I created a backup of the configuration. However, when I loaded the configuration, on the second box, none of the settings changed. I then went and unchecked the default values, and the OBiTALK Values, and tried again. Still nothing changed on the second box.

Perhaps the configuration backup, will only restore to the original box??

Thanks for any help.  

Larry
Update:

I did more experimenting.. I can use the web interface successfully to backup and restore a configuration. However, as yet, I have not been able to accomplish any type of configuration change using a backup file with OBiTalk. ( I will make a new post specifically for this.)
It is important to note using the web interface, and a restore file will change parameters in the obi device, but Obitalk has no way of knowing the device parameters have changed and will still show the old parameters that were indicated in OBI Talk.

RevKev

I believe you can do the restore from OBiTalk. Does that solve the problem?

larrybob

I could not get the restore to work from OB iTALK... Have you tried it? 

ProfTech

Hello. I have tried the function in Obitalk to read in [load] a configuration file in the expert mode and as far as I've been able to tell it does not work. Same experience as yours. Load the file then check settings and nothing changes. I commented on this in the Obitalk section but never got a response from Obi support or anyone else.