News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DTMF while talking

Started by chief3202, February 08, 2012, 11:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief3202

Hello everyone...  I just want to start off by saying that I have the OBI-110 with google voice and this system is awesome. I had a few minor problems at first, but the bugs were worked out. My question is; Does anyone know how to eliminate the dial done activating when I am speaking with the other party? Randomly, the tone will go off and I can describe it as if Ihad pushed the number button on my phone. The weird part about it is that the other party cannot hear it, but I can..  Any suggestions, or adjustment that can cure this problem?  

Thanks,
Chief

Stewart

DTMF talkoff that you hear is being triggered by the remote party.  It's more likely to occur with a female voice; your situation would be typical, if you are male and your contact is female.

The OBi has three settings that might help, though all involve some trade-offs.

First, try setting Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DTMFPlaybackLevel to -90, which should reduce the volume of incoming DTMF to nearly inaudible.  This solution won't work if you have a device connected to the OBi, such as an answering machine, that you need to remotely control with DTMF.  Also, it's not a true fix, because the beep will be replaced with (almost) silence, so there will still be a small gap in the incoming voice.  If this setting doesn't change anything, the problem is unrelated to the OBi (it's at GV, or with the remote party's provider or equipment).

The other options are setting ITSP Profile A -> General -> DTMFMethod to InBand, and/or setting Codecs -> Codec Profile A -> Telephone Event -> Enable to (unchecked).   These settings may adversely affect reliability of outbound DTMF, e.g. if you need to enter an account or credit card number when connected to an IVR system.