News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DID not ringing my OBI

Started by Hortoristic, February 08, 2012, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

I'm using OBI110.  SP1 is GV and SP2 has voip.ms configured.  I'm able to make international calls on voip.ms ok.

I also have E911 set up with voip.ms - and have a different local number configured for it (can't remember why I have a different local number than my GV number but I do) - but when I use there 911 test number - it's says it's configured right.

I ordered a UK DID number so family in UK could call - but when they do - my home phone doesn't ring.  The DID is showing up ok on the voip.ms site - is there some additional config on Obi I need to do?  It already has SP2 configured with voip.ms and I'm able to make international calls ok.

RonR

If the Main Status page in the OBi is showing Registered for SP2 status, you should be able to receive incoming calls from that service provider.

Everton

Under DID Numbers --> Manage DID(s) --> (select the UK DID) --> Edit Selection-All at once, SIP/IAX --> (select the main account or sub-account for the registered account for your main DID (setup on SP2).  Also, make sure the same POP is selected.

Quote from: Hortoristic on February 08, 2012, 02:29:36 PM
I'm using OBI110.  SP1 is GV and SP2 has voip.ms configured.  I'm able to make international calls on voip.ms ok.

I also have E911 set up with voip.ms - and have a different local number configured for it (can't remember why I have a different local number than my GV number but I do) - but when I use there 911 test number - it's says it's configured right.

I ordered a UK DID number so family in UK could call - but when they do - my home phone doesn't ring.  The DID is showing up ok on the voip.ms site - is there some additional config on Obi I need to do?  It already has SP2 configured with voip.ms and I'm able to make international calls ok.

Hortoristic

Not getting the "same POP" part?

Everton

Sorry, just being lazy:  POP = DID Point of Presence (VoIP Servers,  e.g. : New York, NY: newyork.voip.ms )

BTW, have you try any of the free UK DID from 3C-UKDDI?  You can SIP Forward three incoming calls from your DID directly to your regular VOIP.ms DID.  You can receive multiple (3 - 10?)free UK DIDs from them!

http://www.3c.co.uk/sites/ukddi/

Quote from: Hortoristic on February 08, 2012, 03:38:29 PM
Not getting the "same POP" part?

infin8loop

I grabbed an Isle of Wight DID from 3C-UKDDI.  I set the DID up to SIP forward to my voip.ms iNum DID and made an international call to the UK DID and it was routed back to me as I expected it would be.

When a caller within the UK calls the DID (dropping the 44 and adding a 0) from either a landline or mobile phone will there be any extra "unusually high" surcharges or per minute charges on their bill (other than mobile minutes if they use a mobile phone)?     
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

Stewart

Quote from: infin8loop on February 08, 2012, 06:18:05 PM
I grabbed an Isle of Wight DID from 3C-UKDDI.  ... When a caller within the UK calls the DID (dropping the 44 and adding a 0) from either a landline or mobile phone will there be any extra "unusually high" surcharges or per minute charges on their bill (other than mobile minutes if they use a mobile phone)?     
If it's a +44 1983, it appears as a normal landline and there won't be extra charges.  If a different code, please post.

infin8loop

Quote from: Stewart on February 08, 2012, 06:50:17 PM
If it's a +44 1983, it appears as a normal landline and there won't be extra charges.  If a different code, please post.
It's a +44 1983.  Thanks Stewart.  And thanks to Everton for the inspiration.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher