News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No name given in google voice caller id

Started by jeff_mdimension, February 10, 2012, 04:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff_mdimension

Maybe this question was asked before.  When the call comes in, am I supposed to see the name of the caller, if it has one, under the caller id?  Prior to this obihai 110, I forwarded all calls to my google voice number to a phone number provided by my cable company.  I remember seeing the name.  Now all I get is the phone number.

Is there any setting I need to change before getting this piece of info?

Thanks.

jimates

Caller ID number is passed from the origin to the end. Caller ID Name is provided at the end by the company that delivers the call to you. Your Cable company provided that service to you. Now Google is the one delivering the call and they do not provide that service.

Rick

Quote from: jeff_mdimension on February 10, 2012, 04:09:52 PM
Maybe this question was asked before.  When the call comes in, am I supposed to see the name of the caller, if it has one, under the caller id?  Prior to this obihai 110, I forwarded all calls to my google voice number to a phone number provided by my cable company.  I remember seeing the name.  Now all I get is the phone number.

Is there any setting I need to change before getting this piece of info?

Thanks.

Simply add numbers to your phone's directory, and you'll see the name for all known callers.  When you receive new calls, simply add that number after the call is completed.  Not as nice, but no other options.

MichiganTelephone

Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.