News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Remove Leading 1 in caller ID

Started by RonA, February 22, 2012, 09:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonA

Hi,

Is there any way to remove the leading 1 that I now get on my phone?
I am using an OBI110 with GV and couple of weeks ago started to get a leading 1 showing on my Vtech phone.
This format is preventing my phone from recognizing the numbers in it's directory and hence I am only getting a number without a name.

Thanks,
Ron

RonR

I don't believe there is any way to change the CallerID sent to the phone from the OBi.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally change it in the Vtech phone?  My Vtech allows changing the format by pressing the # key when the number is displayed.

infin8loop

I use a Vtech cordless as well (a really old model) and it has no issue recognizing numbers stored in the directory without the leading "1".  Inbound Google Voice calls have always had the leading "1" as long as I've had an OBi (last June or so) and the calls show up in the OBi call log with the leading "1".  I'm not aware of a way to remove the leading "1".  When dialing from the phone history you may be able to press the # to cycle through various formats when dialing the number (yeah, I know that doesn't do you any good).  Sorry.

I have one number in the Vtech that refuses to show the caller id name in the phone directory and instead shows the caller id name supplied by AT&T when calls come in on the POTS.

oopsdate: Speedy Gonzales beat me to it.    
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

RonA

Thanks guys,

It is very weird, the only change I can think of is the firmware updates few weeks ago. No change was done on the vtech side, at least not intentionally.
Is there a way to change the default display mode on the vTech side?
Currently the names for the phone directory are not showing, is there a way to get them displayed?

Thanks,