News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

LINE CallerID not passed to PHONE (UK) OBI110

Started by mikeh, February 23, 2012, 10:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeh

Hello,

I am not able to get the CallerID from an incoming PSTN (LINE) call to appear on my phone attached to
the PHONE port.

When the phone is connected directly to the PSTN the CallerID is received correctly.

Calls received from my VOIP provider via DID correctly display the CallerID.

The CallerID appears correctly in the Call History log.

The PHONE and LINE Port Status shows the correct CallerID on the LINE status but no number
on the PHONE status.

When calling from the VOIP DID the PHONE status and LINE status both show the correct CallerID.

mikeh

Ooops - pushed the wrong button !!

I made sure the RingDelay on the line port was set to 5500 (default was 4000). This made no
difference.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions to resolve this .

Many thanks
MikeH

P.S. does anyone have the correct Tone and Ring settings for UK phone lines ?

mikeh

Another piece of the puzzle !

On closer inspection of the Call History it appears that the CID from the line contains a "-" between the
area code and the phone number i.e. 0800-555 1235 or 07906-123456 etc.

When the CID is received via the VOIP DID there is no hyphen in the CID.

I dont know if this the same with all UK providers - I use O2.

MikeH

ianobi

Hi MikeH
I am also in UK, but with an odd setup. I use a mobile with a bluetooth device as a landline, so my experience of CID is different - mine uses DTMF. I guess that you need to set your line port CID to FSK(V.23).
More info re tones and other settings here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=384.0

I would be careful about changing too many settings - see comments by Michegan Telephone. Also, there seems to be a bug in OBi Expert Config at the moment that does not allow changes to tone settings, but does allow ring pattern changes etc.

Good luck.

Ian

mikeh

Hello Ian,

Thanks for the info. I have tried setting the PHONE and LINE port to FSK(V.23). I also set the PHONE port to
trigger CID with polarity reversal. Same results as before ! . I think I will raise the issue with customer support.
I will report the results here.

MikeH

mikeh

This issue has now been resolved.

The OBi110 had a problem with the "-" in the CallerID and would not pass the CID onto the PHONE port.
The "-" is an allowable character in the UK CID format.

My Obi110 was uploaded with a firmware version that fixes this problem. I believe it will be incorporated
in the next release.

Regards

MikeH

ubercam

Hi mikeh

What's the firmware version number that fixed this for you and how did you come across it? I'm on the latest publicly available version: 1.3.0 (b2675).

I'm having the same problem as you with the phone never receiving caller ID. I've also been unable to get the trusted caller thing to work with my mobile. We're with Virgin which has hyphens, so I'm thinking it's to do with that. The OBi says the last caller was my mobile number (hyphenated) so I know it's picking it up properly.

Thanks
Cam