News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Noise on PSTN on pickup (incomming or outgoing)

Started by klrwaffles, February 26, 2012, 11:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klrwaffles

Just got my obi110, and am going through some tests.  I am using my PSTN line as my primary for outgoing calls right now.

When I dial out, I have a long pause, some clear rings, then some noisy rings.  Then when the call gets picked up I have 500ms of static noise, then it's clear.  One time I had a couple seconds of static on the line in the middle of a call.  Is there some way to correct this?  Do I have a bad setting? a bad unit?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Zac

RonR

The long pause before ringback begins is probably the result of a less-than-optimal LINE Port DigitMap.  If you'd like help with it, please post your existing DigitMap and the dialing syntax for your area.

The first ringback you hear comes from the OBi, which is why it's clear.  Then you hear the PSTN ringbacks.  Assuming you don't hear any static when using a telephone connected to your PSTN line instead of the OBi, it sounds like you have a bad line or connection to the OBi itself.  Try connecting the OBi to a different telephone jack.

klrwaffles

My LINE PORT digit map is default.

(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

In fact, Physical Interfaces>Line Port is all default.

After I read your message I realized I didn't move my DSL filter to the OBI.  That seemed to clear up the static.

I do have sp2 configured to calcentric to use as my 911 service once I ditch my land line.  Obitalk set up this PHONE Port map for me.

{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

RonR

The following should speed up your LINE Port dialing:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11S0|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

klrwaffles

Didn't seem to work.  Rang fast, but call couldn't go through.

I forgot to tell you dialing syntax.  I area code is 763.  To dial my area code I can dial 7 or 763+7.  To dial other local area codes I dial 10 digits.  To dial long distance I dial a 1 prior to the 10.

I'm new to this, so please bear with me.

RonR

Quote from: klrwaffles on February 26, 2012, 11:56:22 AM
I forgot to tell you dialing syntax.  I area code is 763.  To dial my area code I can dial 7 or 763+7.  To dial other local area codes I dial 10 digits.  To dial long distance I dial a 1 prior to the 10.

Then this should be what you need:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11S0|[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

klrwaffles

darkus

Hello,

I just received an OBI110 last week from the Amazon deal. The unit is setup with GV. However, I am getting a constant buzzing and static noise. At first, I thought it was interference from my wifi router, and cellphone. I took the device to a location in the house without any routers, wifi, computers or cellphones, plugged in ONLY the power supply, and a standard land phone. I pickup and continue to get a constant buzzing/static in addition to the dial-tone. Moreover, when I press a key on the phone, the buzzing and static is very noticeable without the dial-tone. Do I have a defective unit and should I return it to Amazon or OBI?

Thank You