News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice: Backing Off (0s):TCP connection to 173.194.76.125 failed

Started by compy, February 27, 2012, 08:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compy

Hi guys,

I just got my obi and it's pretty much out of the box with the exception of me adding my google voice account and my pbxes account. The pbxes account works fine and I can make calls, however the google voice account is a different story. While trying to connect, I get the error "Backing Off (0s):TCP connection to 173.194.76.125 failed". I called tech support for help and they told me my password was wrong. After some basic troubleshooting, my call got escalated and the guy who was helping me eventually took over my box, tried his email, and saw that it still would not connect. I am able to make calls inside my browser and my internet works fine.

There's some more information available in this thread I opened with my router community.

This is my last ditch effort since the router guys blame the OBi box and the OBi guys blame the router. I just don't know where to turn any more.

Thanks for any input.

RFord

To rule out the Router as the source of your problem, power down your Obi ATA, Router and Modem and connect the OBi100/110 directly to your to the Modem.  Power up the Modem only until it is "online".  Next power up the OBi100/110.  Check to see if the GV is Connected.  Make such there is no other GV applications registered with the GV Servers using the same gmail/GV email address/password and also double check your password by logging into your Gmail or Google Voice account by actually TYPING in the password.

compy

Did a router reinstall and things are working now. Must have been something mucking it up. Thanks!

bactrians

For those having occasional Google Voice outages, make sure your router is not using openDNS.  Alternatively, you can set the DNS server (e.g. 4.2.2.2) in the OBi settings.  For details, see section The OBi is Using openDNS & the Google Voice Status Always Says "Backing Off" in http://www.obihai.com/docs/GoogleVoiceOBiTALK.pdf.  This fixed my 22-hour Google Voice outage.   :D